PDA

View Full Version : Question about member perks and discounts!!!!

ldc12377
02-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm in the process of planning our first trip as DVC members. We are taking advantage of the buy 4/get 7 to extend our vacation. We will be at staying at POP for a week before moving home to BCV. Here is my question: Can we still take advantage of our Member Perks discounts for things like the spa and mini-golf while we are at POP or do we have to be staying at a DVC resort to get the discounts? We are new members and haven't figured out how it all works yet.

TinkerbellT421
02-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Yes you can. You get those discounts by your DVC card, not by staying in the resort. Flash your DVC membership cards and off you go. :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
02-07-2009, 06:12 PM
if you're doing a package at the beginning of your trip, I certainly hope you're only doing a 1 day MYW ticket and then upgrading it to an Annual Pass. The current $100 off an AP is a very good deal on ticket media.

ldc12377
02-08-2009, 09:36 PM
if you're doing a package at the beginning of your trip, I certainly hope you're only doing a 1 day MYW ticket and then upgrading it to an Annual Pass. The current $100 off an AP is a very good deal on ticket media.

I did the math and in this case it isn't really better to get the Annual Pass. With the package we are getting three days of tickets free so the package tickets are actually better this time around but in the future we plan are getting the annual passes.

DizneyRox
02-09-2009, 07:31 AM
I did the math and in this case it isn't really better to get the Annual Pass. With the package we are getting three days of tickets free so the package tickets are actually better this time around but in the future we plan are getting the annual passes.
Have you considered your next vacation? If you're going to WDW and do it within the yer, that AP will still be good.

Just a thought...

ldc12377
02-09-2009, 08:16 AM
If we were going back within the next year then we would definitely get the annual pass but we plan on only going every two years from now on...:(...I may:( be able to sneak in a few extra trips later but this will be our 4th trip in 2years so no extra trips right now.

Thank you so much for pointing all the out to me. I'm new to the whole DVC thing and it's nice to know that there are folk out looking out for me and steer me. :thumbsup: Thanks Again!!!!