PDA

View Full Version : WDW tickets in DL??

dmosher
02-07-2009, 12:48 AM
I was informed that you could (before) use left over park tickets form WDW in DL. DW and I are finishing up in WDW later this year and am trying to find out if this is STILL true. Has anyone ever (some what recently) done this and if so what do you have to do to work it out?
Thanks!
:pipes:
D

NotaGeek
02-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Nope ... this isn't true. I think this rumor has been around for awhile. Sorry!

Tigger&Stitch
02-07-2009, 03:25 AM
I saw just the other day on another Disney info site (one geared towards saving money) that this was true - and tested - as of August 2008.

NotaGeek
02-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I saw just the other day on another Disney info site (one geared towards saving money) that this was true - and tested - as of August 2008.
Ok, so maybe THIS is the best kept Disney Secret. If you contact Disney Guest Services please let us know so other members can benefit from the info. Disney Guest Services (https://secure-disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/contactUs?name=ContactUsPage)

(I just called DLR Guest Services and spoke to a nice CM named Brittany ... tickets are not transferable between Resorts ... so WDW tickets can not be used towards credit at DLR, the parks are operated separately.)

sbgat711
02-10-2009, 05:50 PM
it certainly was true in 12/07. i had one day left on a 7-day non-expiring ticket and just brought it to the turnstiles - the cm called/radioed for someone at guest services who took the ticket somewhere, and came back with a one day park hopper in a few minutes. i believe it does not work the other way around - you cannot used dlr tickets at wdw. maybe they don't advertise it?

dmosher
02-11-2009, 02:23 PM
ActuAlly I have received multiple messages on here and another site verifying that this is an option as of November 2008. It makes sense that Disney would prefer you to buy more tickets, however I can not see a reason that multiple people would "make up" such a thing. My guess is that it is not publicized but is allowed at DL guest services. In any case at a variety of people have verified that this is true.
:pipes:
D

DizneyRox
02-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Sortof makes sense... A one day tickets costs $69 at DL, but $75 at WDW. So, you're spending more for the ticket than you need to.

They could easily just make you buy a seperate DL ticket though...

it's not something I would do, but I could see them allowing it.