PDA

View Full Version : Movies in the "vault"

Georgesgirl1
02-06-2009, 08:21 PM
When Disney puts a movie in the "vault" how long does it stay there? I just realized I need to start building up my son's Disney movie collection and Peter Pan just went into the vault! Is he doomed to never see Peter Pan or will it be released again soon?:confused:

Twinsowner
02-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Ebay!!!!

LauraleeH
02-06-2009, 09:11 PM
It could be 10 years...if you're son is young and won't be interested years from now, check your local stores that carry used DVD's (MovieStop, FYE, Sam Goody's, etc..). Peter Pan is a must!

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Some stores still have it, because I was JUST in walmart last night and saw it because I was looking for the Tinkerbell movie and almost bought peter pan because it was the closest thing I could think of to see Tinkerbell....Double check your walmart to see if they still have some. I would call.

handmaidenofprincesses
02-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Sometimes stores are allowed to keep selling the movie until the stock runs out. Other times, extras have to be shipped back to the company. It all depends on which movie it is. I would check local stores and see if any still have copies. If not, eBay and the eBay affiliate Half.com are bound to have it! Good luck!! :tink:

goofy78
02-08-2009, 02:58 AM
i just bought a copy tonight from my local target. it looked to be the last peter pan on the shelf! i would definitely check your local stores to see if any copies remain.

Disney-Nut
02-08-2009, 11:55 AM
google disney vault release and you will find a list of vault movies and estimated release times. peter pan should be back out of the vault around 2014. next two out of the vault is pinochio in march and snow white in october and then beaut & the beast in march 2010

DisneyDog
02-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Remember, just because you can't buy a movie, doesn't mean you can't borrow it, for free, from the library. We keep all the Disney movies in the library where I work. :thumbsup:

IamBelle
02-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Yrah, some of the movies don't leave just yet. Cinderella 3 went in the vault a while ago, and I rushed to buy it. I recently went to the disney store and they were still selling it!!

VWL Mom
02-14-2009, 07:18 PM
We bought the Disney movies for my boys when they were little. Only problem was they were VHS. We bought a small VCR as they were phasing out and put it away with the tapes.

JPL
02-14-2009, 07:41 PM
With Blu-Ray becoming more popular I would expect to see alot of the movies in the vault sooner than later since Disney will really want to cash in before the next format change occurs whatever that maybe. They did a similar thing when DVDs first became popular they released alot of movies on DVD that were suppose to be in the vault.

RedSoxFan
02-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Our of curiosity, I just checked and Amazon had Peter Pan for 19.99 and it's new.:mickey: