PDA

View Full Version : Children/toddlers in line

Disneymamaof5
02-06-2009, 11:32 AM
This May we are taking 2 of our 5 children to disney for their first trip. They are 4 and 5 year old girls.
In September, we are taking our 2 youngest children, both age 3. 1 boy and 1 girl.
My question is, what are some suggestions as to what to do to occupy them as they are in line with us?

I guess, I just need all around advice to make our trips nicer, smoother, and the most enjoyable it can be.

Disney Doll
02-06-2009, 12:07 PM
My DS was 15 months on our last trip and is not a good waiter. We try to avoid the crowds by going in the off season and we always hit the parks right at open so we can do the popular attractions early in the day before the crowds pick up. I have taken my then 3 and 5 yr old nieces to Disney and although we never waited in any huge lines I did bring along some snacks and some mini bubbles to help them pass the time especially when waiting for parades. We always let the kids look through the pictures we have taken so far on the digital camera and that's always fun. When we took our nieces we got each of them their own camera (plastic kid kind, but did take real pictures). They had so much fun posing for each other and taking pictures. That was a good time filler when we had some time to pass and the pictures they took themselves will always been a fun keepsake from that trip.

Septbride2002
02-06-2009, 12:23 PM
I packed a big bag of candy to help keep my daughter quiet in line - also those small containers of playdoh worked well too. We would sing silly songs and that entertained her alot as well.

~Amanda

KylesMom
02-06-2009, 12:29 PM
* Start early so as to avoid the biggest crowds of the day. The later you arrive, the longer your waits will be.
* Utilize FastPass wherever possible. Honestly, if a line is generally more than 20 minutes long, we either FP or bypass that particular attraction.
* Avoid outside lines during the hottest part of the day.
* "I-Spy" always worked well with DS when he was younger. So did a mini bottle of bubbles. Just remember that whatever you bring for line amusement, you'll get to carry! :mickey: