PDA

View Full Version : What to do for each of my kids??

JakeontheCob
02-06-2009, 08:30 AM
I am headed down in March with my two kids (DD 5 and DS 9). It will just be the three of us. My question is this.

I would like to have a little time with each child for some one on one time. I am wondering what activities I could get each of my kids into that would free up a few hours for me and the other child.

In past trips we have had my son do the pirate cruise, which would be about the perfect amount of time.

So what is there for my kids? I was thinking of a beauty morning for my daughter (nails and hair maybe). However, would I need to be there for this?

What else could I do for each of them? The pirate cruise would not really work since DS has done it twice already.

Tick-Tock
02-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Special Activities for Children (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/specactivities.asp)

Besides the pirate cruises, Intercot Info Central lists a Sassagoula River Cruise, a cooking adventure at Grand Floridian, a Wonderland tea that your DD might enjoy, and a Bush Camp activity at AKL.

KylesMom
02-06-2009, 11:21 AM
I was thinking of a beauty morning for my daughter (nails and hair maybe). However, would I need to be there for this?
Since your daughter is 5, yes, you'd need to be present. The BBB - either location would be the best solution for this.

What to do with DS9 during this time? Hmmm - that's a tough one. My DS went on the GF Pirate Cruise twice, and then the YC/BC adventure once (it was a bit different than the GF Pirate Cruise so it was still "cool" for him). The problem is logistics - how you could drop DS off at the YC & be back from BBB in 2 hours? It might be a tight squeeze, and I'd hate to see your DS waiting at the dock if you don't make it back in time. Perhaps someone has an idea on this one. . .

As far as DS's one-on-one time with you is concerned, you could get an in-room sitter for DD one afternoon/evening and take DS over to DisneyQuest. Or, instead of DQ, you could let your DS choose his favorite park to spend some one-on-one time with you. When our DS turned 9 he decided instead of participating in the kid's adventures, he'd rather have a morning where he was in charge of where we went - what park, what CS restaurant, etcetera. By age 10, we allowed him to plan a whole day - but he had to let us know what his ADR was for dinner in advance. Now at almost 11, he's as excited as ever to plan a day of his own.

I hope you're able to juggle your schedule to spend a bit of one-on-one with each of them! :mickey:

JakeontheCob
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks all. I will look into the tea party and the BBB for my DD. A little pampering for her would be awesome, and she would enjoy so much.

For my DS, I really like the idea of letting him plan a day. I think he would get a real thrill from this. DQ is also an available option.