PDA

View Full Version : First Week of May

DawsonAR
02-04-2009, 08:13 PM
How are crowds during the first week of May? We haven't been this time of year in a long time--about 18 years or so. We are planning a trip at that time this year and was just wondering how it is now. Thanks

Beast_fanatic
02-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Crowds in early May are usually pretty light as most schools are still in session.

DisneyGlutton
02-04-2009, 09:00 PM
It's totally crowded and awful in early May, there's even a two hour wait for Livin' with the Land!! No one should go then!!

Just kidding! Its an excellent time to go, which I can say from having been there twice in May recently (and will be going back this year). Crowds are light to moderate, with most lines being walk on to 15 mins. I would especially recommend taking advantage of EMH evening at MK when its open to 2am if you can...its unbelievable!

Strmchsr
02-04-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm arriving May 2 this year and it looks like WDW may be expecting larger crowds for the first week of May just judging by the hours. Things seem open later than first week than the 2nd or 3rd week. May mean nothing, but usually later hours means bigger crowds. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

DisneyGlutton
02-05-2009, 08:20 AM
The hours this May are almost identical to those of last year. The hours are reduced, if anything. HS was open until 10 PM last year, only 7 PM this year. MK is slightly less too..on that Sunday, the EMH are until 1 AM as opposed to 2 AM. If they were expecting larger crowds, you'd think they would extend the hours, not reduce. Epcot is always open until 7 for Future World and 9 for World Showcase, same as last year. AK also the same, 9-5.

khunter
02-05-2009, 10:50 AM
We are going to be getting to Disney on May 2nd as well. We have never been there during that time, but judging by the ease of making dinner reservations, I am hoping the crowds will not be too bad. The only place that I didn't pretty much have the choice of any time for dinner was at Ohana. My husband and I really hope that is a good sign.

DawsonAR
02-05-2009, 11:08 AM
We will arrive on May 2nd as well. We didn't have any problems with ADR's either. Maybe a good sign.

TinkerMel
02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
We will be there the first week of May too. I was shocked to get through when making ADRs almost immediately. I got all of the places and times that I wanted. I expected to be dissappointed with what was available with the 180 days to 90 days change. I was thrilled. We chose the first week in May thinking that spring breaks will be over, but schools will not be out for summer yet. I hope crowds are light, but we have never been in May before either. Let the countdown begin!

Strmchsr
02-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Well if Intecot is any sign looks like a whole bunch of us will be there the first week of May. A good time for a meet!

I agree that ADRs weren't as hard to get as they have been in December and November so that might be good. However, they may also have more availability that time of year. I don't know. We'll see.

Thanks for the voice of experience, Josh. If hours are down from last year that would signify they are expecting lower crowds. I appreciate the update!

Tinkerbelly84
02-05-2009, 01:25 PM
We will be arriving April 29th and staying until May 5th. I had no problems with ADR's but the one day I wanted to go to Le Cellier it was booked. However, we got in there another day during the trip.

DawsonAR
02-05-2009, 04:43 PM
I did have trouble getting the resort I wanted, but they might not be running at full capacity. Maybe the crowds won't be too bad.

Through the looking Glass
02-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Was kinda strange, gonna be there from May 8-16. Had problems 7 months ago booking room and just got done ADR's and had a few problems with them. CM stated it looks like we will be crowded this time frame. Couldn't book Le Cellier till the 15th and the only time available was 7:30pm. It also seemed strange they cut hours from last year. Second week of May busy too?:confused:

beksy
02-07-2009, 10:14 PM
I hope the second week isn't that busy. We'll be there the 9th to the 17th.

Epcot guy
02-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I book all my ADR this morning and had no problem getting what i wanted. In fact I did'nt have to change my ADR for Canada. I got it on 5/11 at the exact time i wanted. The cm said canada was open pretty much the whole day except for a few slots. The only thing we didnt get was mexico and that was because of refurb. I booked Italy, 50's prime time, Rose and Crown, crystal palace and of course Hoo-De-doo all at the times I wanted.... It was kinda weird that i didnt have to shift around my schedule. I say call again looking glass and see what they say. :confused:

Epcot guy
02-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Besky How did you do with your ADR, did you have any problems? I'm just wondering if anyone had the problem of looking glass with ADR. I'm there from the 9th to the 16th:mickey:

ryobi88
02-08-2009, 02:16 PM
have been there the first week of may 2 x`s and love it found the weather to be very nice and crowds pretty light will arrive on may 1st this year :woohoo:

javamama
02-15-2009, 10:22 PM
We're going 4/27 thru 5/4, and put our ADR requests in last October, so I had no issue getting what we wanted. The Poly staff took care of it for us back then, I'm hoping the crowds are as light as I'm thinking they should be---last year we went earlier in April and it was horrible crowd wise--weather wise we hit a cold snap, that was bad too--the parks ran out of sweatshirts, it was a mess. I just wish the parks were open a bit later this year, and the P&P was going on again, that made the trip last year for my ds. Oh well to a much better trip this year:beer:

beksy
02-16-2009, 11:21 AM
I didn't have any problems with my ADR's. I didn't try for any of the hard to get into places like Canada but I had about ten and only had to adjust times by like 15 minutes or so at the most. We got 8:05 ADRs for Crystal Palace and Donald's Breakfast Safari! :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
02-16-2009, 12:00 PM
So glad to hear that early May is a good time to go. We are thinking about May '10 for our next trip and I've not ever been in spring before.

javamama
02-17-2009, 01:40 AM
This will be our third spring trip in a row, last year it wasn't the best crowd and weather-wise so we pushed it back. I love the Flower and Garden show at Epcot, it's amazing, and just beautiful. It's really usually nice in the springtime--when your away from Easter and spring breaks.

DawsonAR
02-17-2009, 12:43 PM
It sounds like it is going to be a wonderful time to go. I can't wait!!!