PDA

View Full Version : What is "New Jersey week" ??

Dsnygirl
02-04-2009, 05:34 PM
A friend of mine is thinking of going to WDW the first week of November, and was told that that is typically "New Jersey week" -- i.e., all the schools in NJ have break and thus the parks are really busy.

Is this true, does anybody know? I don't want to steer her away from what I would think would be a nice time to be down there, but I know she and her family really would like to avoid crowds if that week is typically much busier.

Thanks again!! (I just posted another question, too... :blush:) :thanks:

Altair
02-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Super Soap Weekend was also held during that week, which made the crowds a bit larger. That has been discontinued. We never found the crowds to be bad at all.

When Disney finds a slow period they tend to plug something into it to increase crowd size. Such as Marathon Weekend in January.:mickey:

DawsonAR
02-04-2009, 07:32 PM
We were there in 07 for that week. It was really interesting. We aren't from Jersey and we felt like we were the only ones. It was more crowded than I expected that time of year, however, the crowds were manageable and it was a good time.

missymouseworld
02-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Jersey week is the week that NJ teachers have their convention in Atlantic City....generally it is around the first or second week of November. Been there at that time and it was nice weather and the crowds were OK.

Beast_fanatic
02-04-2009, 08:42 PM
The NJEA convention is November 5th-7th this year. We'll be there at that time as the 5th is Robert's birthday.

doodleboy
02-04-2009, 08:52 PM
We were there for Halloween week this past year and caught the beginning of Jersey week. I really did not notice it to be too crowded. I would not be that concerned this year anyway. As you can see Disney has extended the buy 4 get 3 free special for the third time. Their fourth quarter results were released yesterday and showed the take at the gates to be way down. We are going again in May, and in the past if I hadn't purchased airline tickets by now I would have been paying through the nose. But this year I am just watching them go down with every flight time still available. This is extremely unusual with only 90 days until my trip. I am looking forward to the lighter crowds, which I am sure will still be the case next fall. Have a blast and enjoy it while it lasts and you still have the money to do it.

princessgirls
02-04-2009, 10:54 PM
In New Jersey we have had "Teacher's Convention every year the second Thursday and Friday in November from the beginning of time. This year I understand it is a little earlier. In 2008, election day was also during the week, and schools in NJ are used for voting, many districts gave the entire week off in November, thus creating Jersey week!!

Julie:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
02-05-2009, 09:27 AM
We were there for Jersey Week last year and found the crowds to be quite low actually. We had very little waits and we did notice alot of Jersey people but WE LOVED THEM! We actually met some really nice people and they were all alot of fun.:thumbsup:

VWL Mom
02-05-2009, 10:48 AM
We were there for Jersey Week last year and found the crowds to be quite low actually. We had very little waits and we did notice alot of Jersey people but WE LOVED THEM! We actually met some really nice people and they were all alot of fun.:thumbsup:

Thanks Tinkerfreak. We aren't really that scary after all.:D

Last year was lower than usual but overall the crowds are very manageable. The only crowds we've encountered on our trips are the last Fri & Sat nights of F&W at Epcot.

Tinkerbelly84
02-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks Tinkerfreak. We aren't really that scary after all.:D

Last year was lower than usual but overall the crowds are very manageable. The only crowds we've encountered on our trips are the last Fri & Sat nights of F&W at Epcot.

We jersey girls aren't that bad promise lol!:thumbsup: