PDA

View Full Version : CS with free drink refills?

Disney1977
02-04-2009, 03:32 PM
We were at WDW last week and I was surprised that some of the counter service restaurants did not have free refills on drinks.

On our second day at Epcot we tried the Liberty Inn and it did not have free refills. My boys were mad at me because I picked Libery Inn over the Electric Umbrella.

So which other CS restaurants in WDW parks offer free drink refills? Electric Umbrella in Epcot and the Backlot Express in the Studios are the two that I know of.

Thanks.

JPL
02-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I believe the Electric Umbrella is the only CS in any park to offer free refills.

Beast_fanatic
02-04-2009, 06:21 PM
I believe the Electric Umbrella is the only CS in any park to offer free refills.

As stated in the first post, Backlot Express does too. I don't recall any others from when we were there in December.

JPL
02-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Ooops missed that :blush: last time I ate there they didn't offer the free refills or maybe I just didn't realize it.

Beast_fanatic
02-04-2009, 08:53 PM
We were surprised when we went there for dinner as we had not heard that it had gone to self-serve refills. Now based on the number of people filling all sorts of things other than cups purchased there, I can see them removing it. :nono:

wdwnomad
02-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Actually, I believe the Liberty Inn is going to be offering a self service beverage island soon. Disney filed for consctrution permits to do this.

JPL
02-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Now based on the number of people filling all sorts of things other than cups purchased there, I can see them removing it. :nono:

Well considering Disney pays absolutely nothing for the syrup for fountain service drinks as part of their agreement with Coke. I'm guessing as long as people are paying for the food they will let it slide like they do with the resort mugs.

Beast_fanatic
02-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Some of the people that I saw came in specifically to get drinks (in water bottles, Coke bottles, a popcorn bucket), and didn't buy anything.

JPL
02-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Wow that takes nerve but I guess with Disney's track record in enforcing rules and approaching guests breaking the rules I guess they decided to take a chance. Just shows how low our society has sunk :shake:

DizneyRox
02-05-2009, 05:40 AM
One less person to run the soda machine in the kitchen means more money in their pockets!

Good to know about these places, I'll be sure to stay away, I imagine in the summer these places will be teeming with all sorts of grime and grossness from all the people filling who knows what...

TheRustyScupper
02-05-2009, 03:36 PM
1) Only Electric Umbrella and Backlot have free refills.
2) These were a trial.
3) It looks like they will expand the service.
4) But, do not expect it at every CS.