PDA

View Full Version : 4+3 Offer extended to August 15th.

Tink1
02-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Beginning Monday, Feb. 9, the Walt Disney WorldŽ Resort "Buy Four, Get Three Free" offer will feature travel dates through Aug. 15, 2009. Please check Intercot.com for details on Feb. 9

I will post more information to this thread as it becomes available

Nanc

Daisy'sMom
02-04-2009, 04:17 PM
They probably will include the rest of the year , don't you think? When can I start looking for Sept 26-Oct 3rd? Nanci, you do the whole nine yards, airfare and the rest? I am planning a family reunion, 18 people to be exact. If you do it all, I would rather use MJ. Thanks

Dsnygirl
02-04-2009, 04:55 PM
They probably will include the rest of the year , don't you think? When can I start looking for Sept 26-Oct 3rd?

I am hoping, just like you, that this turns out to be the case, or maybe that they extend the free dining (if they do it again for Aug/Sept) into October... our dates are similar to yours, just a bit later. But until something comes out like this for the fall, we're waiting... just can't justify a "full price" trip right now! ;)

I'm not sure if MJ does airfare - I want to say no, but I may be wrong - but even if they don't, I wouldn't hesitate to use them, esp. for such a large party (have fun!! :)). They'll be GREAT for you!!

Tink1
02-04-2009, 05:14 PM
We do not do airfare.

With the state of the airline industry and their business model it is virtually impossible to keep up with the airfare changes in so many different airports. Plus the carriers come and go from the airports like the wind.

Airfare is cheapest on the air carriers individual websites, it is how we book our own.

Nanc

sleepingbooty
02-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Wow! through August! I hope this indicates a good discount will be coming for September, since that is historically the lowest attendance period. I was hoping for free dining, but the 4/3 deal would be great as well. I'm curious, if you book 4 days with the dining plan and park hoppers, would you get 3 additional days including dining and hoppers - or is it just the room you'd get free?

watch4pixiedust
02-04-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm fairly sure that with the 4/3 deal, the free part is just your room and ticket, but you would have to pay for all 7 days of dining. The add'l charge for park hopping is the same extra amount for 4 days as it is for 7 days.

Hopefully someone else will confirm or correct this soon :mickey:

Tink1
02-04-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm fairly sure that with the 4/3 deal, the free part is just your room and ticket, but you would have to pay for all 7 days of dining. The add'l charge for park hopping is the same extra amount for 4 days as it is for 7 days.

Hopefully someone else will confirm or correct this soon :mickey:

You are correct!

Nanc

pixiesmimi
02-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Which would be the better discount, the 4/3 or the military discount?

Dsnygirl
02-05-2009, 04:02 AM
Nanci, how does this work for AP holders, esp. if we want the DDP? Can I book the room and buy tickets for 3 people, but do the DDP for 4? Or would I need to buy a one-day ticket for me?

Tink1
02-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Everyone on the reservation need the same tickets, and everyone must have a ticket. So Debbie can get you the lowest ticket your party needs and the others can upgrade when they arrive, or you can purchase the same ticket as their needs and save either to put towards your AP renewal.

Nanc

Dsnygirl
02-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Everyone on the reservation need the same tickets, and everyone must have a ticket. So Debbie can get you the lowest ticket your party needs and the others can upgrade when they arrive, or you can purchase the same ticket as their needs and save either to put towards your AP renewal.

Nanc
Forgive me, I'm confused... probably b/c I've been up all night... :blush: But how would I put my ticket towards my AP renewal? How does that work? I didn't know you could do something like that...

hokies4life
02-05-2009, 10:50 AM
:thumbsup::clappy::mickey3:

Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy!!!

I'm so excited about this! I'll be waiting for next week to get more info!

elmjimmlm
02-05-2009, 11:24 AM
If the free dining comes along this year, what would be the better discount, 4 get 3 or free dining?

Tink1
02-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Forgive me, I'm confused... probably b/c I've been up all night... :blush: But how would I put my ticket towards my AP renewal? How does that work? I didn't know you could do something like that...

You have to renew in person and have the ticket you want to apply on it with you. That is all.

nanc

Dsnygirl
02-05-2009, 03:46 PM
You have to renew in person and have the ticket you want to apply on it with you. That is all.

nanc
Okay, one more clarification, and then I'll leave you alone... :blush: Does the ticket I have with me reduce the price, or extend the new AP by a day, or by however many days the ticket is for?? Gracious, I never thought this would be so confusing to me... and now I can't even blame not getting any sleep on it... ;)

Tink1
02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
reduce the price

Nanc

watch4pixiedust
02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
If the free dining comes along this year, what would be the better discount, 4 get 3 or free dining?

It may depend on some of the specifics for a given trip. From what some other posters have said, where you stay may make a big difference in which discount is better, since resort pricing can vary so much. My suggestion would be to check with Magical Journeys, they are excellent at handling questions like this. :)

Dsnygirl
02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I was trying to figure out the same thing, and I think it depends on the number of people in your party, their ages, where you stay & what time of year it is.

For us, a family of four, the free dining for 7 nights in value season would save us $868 -- the 3 free nights (@ CBR in regular season, which is when we'd like to go) would save us $569 + 28.75 (the difference b/w a 3 day hopper & a 7 day hopper for 2 adults/1 child) - and then I'd have to get a 1-day ticket so we could apply dining (I have an AP & I think I would have to do this, not sure) for all four of us, so subtract that cost, $79... we'd save $518.75 with the buy 4/get3 free.

I hope that makes sense... before I actually did the math, I just assumed the "buy 4/get 3" was better... but the fact that the difference b/w buying a 4 day hopper and a 7 day hopper is so small, and then that as an AP holder, I'd have to "add on" a day to get everyone the free dining... the "free dining" is actually far better.

But -- I don't see us going during the hot weather that they usually offer the free dining, so I'll take whatever we can get. It'd be nice if they extended it this year, though!! :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
02-06-2009, 04:14 PM
This may sound like a stupid question, but I am hopeful someone can answer it.

Right now we are booked for our honeymoon in disney from August 1-16. Since we are getting married there they give you a discounted room at deluxe resort (Contemporary) which comes out to be about 229 a night. We also have park tickets, but we cant add on dining plan, which really disappointed us. If this deal is an option for August dates, how many days can you use the 4/3 deal? Can we use it over and over for all 16 days? I am so confused.....thanks!

coloradowendyl
02-06-2009, 04:51 PM
The current offer is a 10 night maximum. Many guests staying more than 10 nights have booked 2 consecutive packages to take advantage of the discount.

Wendy

Dsnygirl
02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
The current offer is a 10 night maximum. Many guests staying more than 10 nights have booked 2 consecutive packages to take advantage of the discount.

Wendy
Hi -- another question for you guys, sorry -- I wasn't aware you could do more than the 7 nights. If you wanted to do 9 or 10 nights, how does the package work? Thanks!! :thanks:

Delorilie
02-06-2009, 08:51 PM
That is great that they extended it. We plan on going in July. How does it work if your birthday falls within the 4/3 deal? Would you be able to get in the park free that day? I am thinking probably not. Thanks for your help.

coloradowendyl
02-07-2009, 12:03 AM
That is great that they extended it. We plan on going in July. How does it work if your birthday falls within the 4/3 deal? Would you be able to get in the park free that day? I am thinking probably not. Thanks for your help.

You could opt for one of the other Birthday treats such as the Gift Certificate or the Fast Passes. Details on the birthday promotion may be found at www.disneybirthdaytreat.com

wendy

Hallomagic
02-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi,

Does the 4/3 deal apply to more than a family of 4?

Thanks!

magicofdisney
02-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi,

Does the 4/3 deal apply to more than a family of 4?

Thanks!
Any size party can use this promotion. :mickey:

disney_king
02-09-2009, 07:37 AM
I know April 10-17 is usually blacked out on most deals this year.

Are there any resorts in the 4+3 special that are available during the April 10-17th week?

LarryBoy
02-09-2009, 08:15 AM
I've already got an email from wonderful Wendy (she must have gotten up really early) at MJ, and it looks like I'll be saving about $740 for my 7 days at the WL starting July 20. We had to go from standard view to woods view, and we still saved a pretty good chunk. I think I can live with that. Now if we can only see Wishes from our balcony, that would rock!
Go Wendy and the MJ team!:number1:

Tink1
02-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Buy 4 Get 3 Free
Offer valid for most Disney resorts at varying rates for stays most nights 2/15 - 3/9, 3/17 - 4/4 and 4/19 - 8/15/09.

Sample 7 Night Package at a Value Resort as low as $1375 including 7 Day Theme Park tickets:

For a family of four in a standard room

For stays most nights between 4/26-5/21/09
That's like paying $50 a night per person for this package
Total package savings of $416

When you travel between 2/15 - 3/9 and 3/17- 3/29, you'll also get a
$200 Disney Gift Card.

When traveling between 3/30 - 4/1 and 4/19 - 8/15/09 AND you stay at either Disney's Old Key West Resort or Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, you'll receive a $100 Disney Gift Card.

Prices based on 2 adults, 1 junior, and 1 child. The number of packages allocated for this offer is limited. Savings based on non-discounted price for a 7 night/7 day Magic Your Way Package. Tickets are for 1 Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use

Crow
02-09-2009, 10:34 AM
I know April 10-17 is usually blacked out on most deals this year.

Are there any resorts in the 4+3 special that are available during the April 10-17th week?

some of the resorts were available. MJ got me April 12-19...originally I booked Pop then changed to POFQ. check w them & they can tell you which are still available

kcrc
02-09-2009, 10:48 AM
WOO HOO! I had a vacation already booked for this new time period. Called today to have the discount applied to it. For an 8 night stay at the Poly, I saved over $1400!!!!!! I am just :joy:

kakn7294
02-09-2009, 10:53 AM
I just booked this for July. We're going for 8 nights - paying for 5 and getting 3 free. We're in a standard view room at WL with the basic DDP. I did have this booked as room only with a AAA rate but this deal is only costing us 844.14 more than my AAA price. It's a savings of 524.28 over what it would cost to book the same room at rack rate with the DDP and no tickets through the Passholder section of the website. Of course, I'll keep watching for an AP discount that might be a better deal but until then, I'm happy with this!

s&k'smom
02-10-2009, 05:32 PM
What do you guys think, will this go into the fall. We have an airline discount for October at a very good rate, but if I can save more I would love too. Thanks!

Dsnygirl
02-10-2009, 08:33 PM
What do you guys think, will this go into the fall. We have an airline discount for October at a very good rate, but if I can save more I would love too. Thanks!
I'm hoping, too, although I'm actually hoping they extend the free dining (if they do it Aug/Sept like last year) into October or part of November... that'd be even better!! :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
02-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Our trip might be right around the cut off date... like Aug 10-17... do your still get the deal?

Kathy

s&k'smom
02-25-2009, 06:07 AM
That would be awesome, the free dining, we travel in October because it's usually so quiet. I've noticed the airfare starting to go down as well. The more you shop around the better it seems.

julyjewel
02-27-2009, 08:48 PM
It would be nice if this was extended til the end of the year. We are going for our 11th anniv in Dec. At least we are celebrating since this is the year of celebrations!

garymacd
03-18-2009, 01:03 PM
I just got a letter from WDW about my Buy 4 Get 3 vacation coming up in May. Apparently, for those staying at OKW or SSR between March 30 and August 15, they get a $100 Disney Gift Card!

Woo Hoo!

All the ladies in my group will be thrilled!

I wonder how they are going to split it between the four of them...:confused:

Catzle
03-31-2009, 08:15 PM
That's nice. I sure could a $100. Very cool. We are going in May and staying at the Poly. But no gift card.

crltkcagle
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM
We are going in May also and staying at POFQ so no gift card for us either.

forever a child
04-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Does anyone know if this offer is still available or has it ended?:mickey:

DebK
04-26-2009, 07:45 AM
It ended 3/29......

forever a child
04-26-2009, 08:18 AM
That's what I thought but I couldnt find a date. Thanks!:thumbsup: