PDA

View Full Version : Borrowing Points???

KAT1811
02-04-2009, 03:01 PM
We are borrowing a friend's DVC points for our trip this year. DH has yet to get the particulars such as home resort and the like but I am impatient so I figured I would defer\ to the experts.

How difficult is it to get a DVC booking in November at VWL if it is not your home resort? Like I said I am unsure as to their home resort it may very well be VWL but it may not.

Any other info I may need would be apprecited. We have never borrowed points before so I am a bit green with the whole process. Thank you in advance for your help!

LoriSan
02-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure how difficult it will be to get the room in Nov, but I just wanted to say that IF it is their home resort, you are already within the 11 month window. I would find out if it's the home resort or not quickly.

DizneyRox
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
As the AP stated, you are within the 11 month window right now, so anyone/everyone who owns at VWL can book for November. If there are rooms left at 7 months, the rest of DVC members can start calling.

Find out quickly where they own, what you need to do right now is decide on the actual dates and have them bok you a room at their home resort, whatever that is. Then if you don't have VWL, have them call at the 7 month window OF YOUR ARRIVAL DATE to see if they can get you in there.

If they are home at SSR, it's probably not urgent that they book right now for your stay, I'm sure there will be something open at the 7 month mark, but for peace of mind, you can still do that.

ThanxForNoticin
02-04-2009, 06:19 PM
It might also depend on when in November you are planning. A few days on either side of Thanksgiving are pretty popular and busy, but earlier and later in November often tend to be less crowded. Good luck with your reservations and have a great time!

KAT1811
02-04-2009, 06:26 PM
It might also depend on when in November you are planning. A few days on either side of Thanksgiving are pretty popular and busy, but earlier and later in November often tend to be less crowded. Good luck with your reservations and have a great time!

We are thinking of the 5th - 15th of November. I'll have DH check with his friend ASAP for the home resort. It really isn't a big deal which DVC resort we stay in but I would prefer either VWL or BCV so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.