PDA

View Full Version : explain "bounce back"

Frog
02-04-2009, 12:14 PM
I understand the concept of Disney's plan of selling your next vacation to you right after you get done. What are the perks (if any) for signing up. How is this offer made available to you?
Tks

TinkerbellT421
02-04-2009, 12:17 PM
The way I understand it is if you book a vacation right then and there on the spot you get a disocunt. I dont know what the discount percent is. Typically those discounts will not be offered to anyone else, or those particular discounts unless you were there and received the paper in your room and booked before you left. In essence. If you go home, and then call they will not give you the discount offer. And typically those discounts are not offered to people through mail/email or any type like that.

Figment!
02-04-2009, 01:03 PM
As mentioned above, the bounce-back offer must be booked during a current stay at a Disney Owned Resort. So it is not really a discounted offered after you are "done" with your vacation.

The most common bounce-back incentive has been adding on the Disney Dining Plan at no cost for a future stay. Less frequently, there have also been bounce-back incentives of room rate reductions for a future stay.

Guests who qualify are typically notified by flyers or a phone message at their Disney owned resort during their stay.

Qualified Guests will not always be directly contacted due to the feasibility of contacting every qualified Guest, so it doesn't hurt to check with Guest relations during your stay to see if there is currently an offer going on and if your current stay length is for enough nights to qualify.

BeccaO
02-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Here is another question about this subject, do you have to take the vacation within a year or can it be beyond a year? I was just curious if they put stipulations on as to when you have take the vacation?

TinkerbellT421
02-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Usually the bounce back offer is associated with certain dates (showing which weeks are black-out dates that it wont apply too, particularry the busy weeks, christmas week, new year week, school vacations, etc.). On that calendar it will show you what months it extends to. But it wouldnt hurt to ask. The one that was left in our BWV room was a select percentage off room rates and it only extended to December of 09.

DisneyGlutton
02-04-2009, 02:46 PM
How do you qualify for the offer? I feel unloved that I never got one:(

Figment!
02-04-2009, 03:15 PM
How do you qualify for the offer? I feel unloved that I never got one:( You need to be staying at a Disney Owned and Operated hotel during a specific time period for typically a minimum of 3 nights.

The time periods for the offer are not announced in advance, so it is really just luck of the draw if it would be offered during your stay.

FaithTrustPixieDust
02-04-2009, 03:21 PM
How do you get notified if you are eligible? Literature in your room?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-04-2009, 03:27 PM
There was an information card in our room at ASMu. I didn't read the fine print, but I think the big print said something about 30% (or maybe 20%) off your next visit if you book now.

TinkerbellT421
02-04-2009, 03:43 PM
How do you get notified if you are eligible? Literature in your room?

Yes. Its usually in the shape of the clock from the rabbit (alice in wonderland) with a calendar around the clock. And in big print in the middle it will tell you how much % off or whatever the offer is.

Aggie97
02-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Yes. Its usually in the shape of the clock from the rabbit (alice in wonderland) with a calendar around the clock. And in big print in the middle it will tell you how much % off or whatever the offer is.

This is what we saw when we were at AKL last June. We used a bounce back offer to book a return trip at WL in October.

At that time, it was a room discount offer of 20% off value, 30% off moderate & deluxe, and 40% off DVC/deluxe villa resorts.

The dates (all 2008) were: 3/30-4/21; 8/10-9/27; 10/19-11/1; 11/9-11/15; 11/30-12/13.

Not all resorts were available for all dates. For example, the only deluxe resort options available for several different ranges of October/November dates were a GF lagoon view room or a WL courtyard view room.

When we were at WL in October, there was not a bounce back offer. We spoke with the resort concierge to confirm this. :mickey:

mickeefan
02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
When we were at the Boardwalk this last April there was a card shaped like a pocket watch in our room. It offered 40% off Deluxe Villas and 30% off Deluxe resorts.
We tried for the Polynesian but nothing was available so with being a little flexible we got the Grand Floridian at 30% off in December.
When we arrived in December there was a card with the same discounts so we tried and this time got the Poly for the end of September.

DisneyGlutton
02-05-2009, 08:21 AM

Oh, haha, I guess WDW does love me. I saw that on the table and ignored it!