PDA

View Full Version : Ellen's Energy Adv.

Maleficent_vf
02-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Is the refurb. at Ellen's EA just general maintenance or is a bigger change happening?

Stich8818
02-04-2009, 11:42 AM
The refurb is just a general maintenance..sprucing up and what not.

TinkerbellT421
02-04-2009, 12:18 PM
I wish it was a bigger change. :thedolls:

TheRustyScupper
02-04-2009, 12:29 PM

ditto

Bass T-bone
02-04-2009, 01:06 PM
ditto, ditto...

yourmagicalguide
02-04-2009, 01:17 PM
I actually really enjoy this ride :blush:

I wouldn't mind a few updates and changes (even if that meant replacing Ellen), but I like that it's a very unique ride.

I was disappointed to find out it will be closed during my visit next month. DH has never been on it :(

Daisy'sMom
02-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Ellen is a must for us. We were there yesterday and something missing. It was Ellen. It was very sad.:(

AXOAlum
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
I only wish they'd make the seats more comfy so when I am taking my nap on it, I won't end up with a stiff back :D :cool:

I wish you could see the dinos and then get off - I can't stand the rest of the ride. Too long, too loud, and too boring.

Wells
02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Maybe they are going to digitally remove Alex Trebek’s moustache?:D

crltkcagle
02-04-2009, 07:10 PM
I hear ya on that one, it hate that stinkin ride!

garymacd
02-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I only wish they'd make the seats more comfy so when I am taking my nap on it, I won't end up with a stiff back :D :cool:

Oh, I so agree.

JPL
02-04-2009, 07:57 PM
I hit this attraction perfectly in June it was just starting to pour and I hopped ond by the time it was over the sun was back out :mickey:

There was a rumour a while back that a replacement was in the works but not sure if the plans are moving forward especially with the economy.

SubNET3
02-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Replacement! bring Horizons back or something <3 and do something with wonders of life already!

AmandaChan
02-04-2009, 08:31 PM
I actually really enjoy this ride :blush:

Same here. We've always loved this ride and it's a nice break from long walks around the park.

When I first went on the ride I was amazed at how controversial it was (to a lot of people). I love that it explores several solutions to energy solution and that's a critical lesson to kids these days!

amanda :nurse:

Tink#64
02-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Well we're on the list of UoE lovers! I don't know why, but we all really like this ride! Epcot was our 1st ever park & I think we just fell in love with basically everything there! :thumbsup:

Tinkerfreak
02-05-2009, 09:16 AM
We like this ride also. It is a nice way to cool off and rest your feet for a while. We missed it on our last trip and regretted it.

Stu29573
02-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Yep, I like the ride. I remember the pre-Ellen one, and although some people claim it's been dumbed down, I find it much more entertaining. I really don't think they should mess with it anytime soon; especially due to the HUGE GAPING HOLE that was WOL. Put something worthwhile in there and then maybe...

WDW_Obsessed
02-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I only wish they'd make the seats more comfy so when I am taking my nap on it, I won't end up with a stiff back

Too funny! My DH would completely agree with you, but I drag him on this ride every time because I love it. It might be just sentimental from remembering it from my first days at Disney, but I must say that the Ellen version is much more interesting, IMHO. If they hadn't changed it from the original, I would never get my DH on there!

Aurora
02-05-2009, 09:53 AM
I like everything -- the big screen, the great sound, the dinosaurs.

Except that weird radio room. It's obviously just a holder. Did they run out of ideas there?

DixieBelle
02-05-2009, 10:04 AM
We enjoy Ellens Energy Adventure! :thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Its overall a good attraction. Ellen is still a dominant figure in the media, but Bill Nye, sorry Bill I loved your show but he fell off the earth

Mousemates
02-05-2009, 07:49 PM
to me ellen's is the epcot equivalent of MK's Carousel of Progress (only without the charm, nostalgia and catchy theme song)...I too wish for a major alteration.

pixiesmimi
02-05-2009, 09:47 PM
They can get rid of Ellen as far as I'm concerned but I do like the ride itself. Good place to rest and the babies get a nap. This was closed when we were there in Aug. 2007 and I thought it was being refurbed then. What were they doing then if they are just now refurbing it?

Hayden's Dad
02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
We really like this ride. :mickey:

Tygger7
02-06-2009, 10:12 AM
:ack: I preferred the pre-Ellen version. I can't stand her and now refuse to ride this because I don't want to be stuck for 40 minutes listening to her. This used to be my favorite ride, and the whole effect with the dinos is amazing. But until Ellen is gone, I won't be back on it. I was hoping that she would finally be gone with this rehab, but it sounds like no such luck.

BMan62
02-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Its overall a good attraction. Ellen is still a dominant figure in the media, but Bill Nye, sorry Bill I loved your show but he fell off the earth

He's still around - I catch his show on Discovery Science channel now and then. "Stuff Happens Hosted by Bill Nye" (from IMDB.com)

Wells
02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
I like this ride....mostly I like the idea of this ride.
It’s like back when the old “Wonderful World of Disney” was still on, many of the
episodes presented educational information in an amusing and entertaining way.
Before there was a Discovery channel, History channel, Animal Planet, etc. this was
The only place to see those types of programs.
I personally would like to see more of these family oriented “Edutainment” attractions.
Sure, Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story are a lot of fun, but there like candy, a fast rush, but little substance.
Don’t get me wrong, I like having fun as much as the next guy, but something a little more engrossing like the World of Energy can spark imaginations and promote a greater appreciation for the world we live in.....
Remember that nothing is wasted on children.

(Gawk, I can’t believe I just said that...):unsure:

How about a Buzz Lightyear planetarium?

cinderellagrl
02-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh my... didn't realize so many people dislike this ride...

My family and I really like Ellen (thats what we call the entire ride)... the pre-show is very funny!

Its true that Bill Nye is gone, but growing up I used to Love all his shows...

goofy78
02-06-2009, 11:19 PM
i loved the original version, but then i am a pretty nostalgic guy. i can't say i dislike the ellen version too much but i was disappointed when they changed it. i wouldn't be too disappointed if they changed it again.

Bass T-bone
02-07-2009, 11:41 AM
This has been kind of a pet peeve of mime. I think the the original show was best. It was more of a Worlds Fair type experience. I loved the educational value of the original. I believe that the current version is "dumbed down" a bit.

pianobabe
02-07-2009, 01:03 PM
I have to say I don't remember the original. Ellen isn't my favorite, but we do enjoy it. We mainly go on it to recharge our batteries.

DixieBelle
02-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Its true that Bill Nye is gone, but growing up I used to Love all his shows...

Not so!
Many schools still use Bill Nye episodes to teach science. I asked several of my sons friends and some of my friends children they all knew who Bill Nye was, and hardly any of them had been to WDW.

pokci
02-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Here's another vote for the pre-ellen show. I like it now but not nearly as much as I used to and I completely support the idea that many of the EPCOT attractions have been dumbed down. EPCOT used to be such a nice balance to the kiddy-ness of MK. Somewhere along the way it lost its uniqueness. :(

kathymk616
02-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I like the Ellen version OK, but I prefer the pre-Ellen version. Do you all remember the terrific song in that version? Sometimes they play it out in the park...but I still really miss hearing it in the ride.

Tinkerbelly84
02-09-2009, 12:00 AM
I have always enjoyed this ride. I think it's cute.

tiggerbuddy
02-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I agree with the other poster...
Lets see the Dino's and get off !!!

The rest is too long and boring....

disneynarula
02-24-2009, 02:22 PM
I actually love this ride.
"Stupid Judy, Stupid Energy"