PDA

View Full Version : Dining At Dd Recommendations

andypooh
02-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Will be travelling to WDW in May with some friends, DW and 2 sons age 2 1/2 and 6 months. Will be staying at SSR so we will definitely be heading over to DD. Was looking for some recommendations of good places to eat. Thanks a lot.

SBETigg
02-04-2009, 10:52 AM
I love Raglan Road, but it gets loud at night when the band plays, so maybe not a great choice for the little ones. Wolfgang Puck Cafe and the Wolfgang Puck Express usually get good reviews. The Earl of Sandwich and Ghirardelli are good for quick service and snacks. The kids might like Rainforest Cafe, but I keep away from it. :)

andypooh
02-04-2009, 10:57 AM
We would likely be going on the earlier side....probably between 5:30 and 6. Why do you avoid Rainforest Cafe?

disneymom15
02-04-2009, 12:04 PM
T-Rex is alot of fun, but it's very loud. We also like Earl of Sandwich, Wolf Gang Puck Express.

greengeen
02-04-2009, 12:15 PM
I don't think I would take a 2-year old and 6 month to either Rainforest or T-Rex, because both have large, noisy animatronics. It would just scare the applesause out of most little ones.

Earl of Sandwich is a good bet. The Artist's Pallette at Saratoga is also quite good for counter service. When our kids were little, we only did counter service. When they were old enough to know how to behave, we did table service. Saved a lot of stress.

SBETigg
02-04-2009, 12:40 PM
We would likely be going on the earlier side....probably between 5:30 and 6. Why do you avoid Rainforest Cafe?

I'm not fond of the food and service, and my kids are no longer in the age range to be thrilled by the atmosphere, which leaves it mercifully off my list. I think it's typical bar and grill type fare, but mediocre in quality and overpriced for what they serve. Still, it appeals to some families.

WelshieLover
02-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Wolfgang Puck Cafe has great food. It was one of the best TS meals on our trip last month. It is a little noisy in there.

We did not try Ragland Road, but I have heard good things about it.

I too am not a fan of Rainforest Cafe. No one in my family really enjoys anything on their menu. It has a neat atmosphere, but you are going there to eat.

poeticeclipse
02-05-2009, 09:48 AM
I think CS at DTD beats TS! That being said, I would suggest Earl of Sandwich. :)

stitch34
02-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Here's another vote for Earl of Sandwich:tasty:

TinkerbellT421
02-05-2009, 11:38 AM
I would suggest Earl of Sandwich or Cookes of Dublin next to Raglan Road....Mmm yummy...Try to Fried Doh-Bar! :eat::tasty:

DisneyFr33k
02-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Wolfgang Puck Cafe. We have never had the most wonderful food. We asked the server what he recommended and what he suggested couldn't have been better! I had the pasta with a huge meatball (which was slow cooked for over 8 hours) on top - it fell apart when I cut it and complimented the pasta beautifully! We'll be going back again for sure!

tinksmom02
02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Earl of Sandwich and then Ghirardelli's for dessert!

Sweetpea29488
02-06-2009, 12:05 PM
And another vote for Earl of Sandwhich!! We love this place and it's a must for us each visit.

Bethanymouse
02-06-2009, 04:35 PM
We love Wolfgang Puck cafe. It is a must do for us on every trip, in fact- we might go twice next trip!

AmandaChan
02-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Raglan road is usually a must for us. Fulton's crab. Is good but a little pricey. Planet Hollywood is good and you get a 15 dollar voucher w/your package. Portobello yacht club is by far the worst place Disney has to offer, don't waste your time there. Earl of Sandwich is great and they give you PLENTY of food.

stitchaholic
02-07-2009, 11:12 PM
wolfgang pucks for sure!!!!!!!!!

HoosierDisneyFan
02-08-2009, 06:26 PM
For a sandwich - Earl of Sandwich

For dinner - Wolf Gang Puck Express

Both are CS resturants. Wolf Gang Puck Express is great if you use 2 credits on a Signature resturant one evening (you can get at Wolf Gang Puck Express using the CS credit during the trip.