PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide

bkahrens
02-04-2009, 10:01 AM
I am really starting to think about trying to visit in early May with the special running. I will need to stay in a Moderate to convinvce DH it's a good idea. I've only stayed at WL before and I don't want to be disappointed. We have DD's 8 and just turning 7 at that point who love to swim. I am looking for something with good busses, great pool, convenience when your at the resort (doesn't have to be small but be layed out well), decent place to grab food adn preferably a bar at the pool:blush:. I think Coronado Springs is sold out already for my time frame so what else would be good? Thanks for your input!

DisneyCrazed580
02-04-2009, 10:23 AM
I love Port Orleans Riverside. It's smaller than Caribbean Beach, centrally located, fun piano bar (even for the kids), nice pool with bar, good food, we've never had any problems with the bus service and you can use the pool at French Quarter if you want.

Septbride2002
02-04-2009, 11:45 AM
If I had the options I think I would stay at PO-FQ over Wilderness Lodge - I love the resort. The rooms are comfortable and the pool is a lot of fun - it has a great slide. The layout is great - and the food court is really good. I love the beignets they serve for breakfast. It is a also a nice walk along the river to PO-Riverside where they have a sitdown resturant it you want.

The bus service is great - because while you share buses with PO-Riverside you ar ethe first stop for pick up and drop offs.

~Amanda

KatMark
02-04-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure how much help I'll be. The Coronado is our favorite and we really don't want to stay anywhere else (except one time at the AKL). The only other moderate we would consider is the POFQ. We like the theme of the resort and enjoyed their food court. I have many issues with the CBR that I would not stay there and although I liked the food court at the POR when we went there (ate at Boatwright's too--that was awful), I didn't care for the theme and I was turned off by the bar area with the piano player. Don't get me wrong, he was very good. But the night we were there for dinner, you had to walk through the piano bar area to go to the restroom. As I was returning there was a family sitting at a table--a mom, dad and two little kids. The mom was quite drunk and it just turned me off. I have no problem with people having cocktails, etc. (I do so myself), but not when they have children with them.

crazygoalie39
02-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Well I've never stayed there but we went resort hopping last time we were at the world and just fell in love with PO-Riverside. It's absolutely beautiful there and very tranquil. Seems very relaxing.

grumpydude
02-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Caribean Beach is my favorite. If you get the right location, the food court, OPR,and the extra cool pool are within close walking distance.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
02-07-2009, 05:55 PM
POFQ and CBR are both great resorts. CBR is bigger and depending where you are, it can be a walk to the food court/pool. But it's really not a bad walk. I enjoyed it. Such beautiful grounds with sandy beach areas around the lake for kids to play on. My kids loved the pool there and didn't want to leave and they are DD12 and DS16. POFQ is small and has a nice pool too. No long walks to the food court, etc. I think you'd be happy at either resort.