PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation needed for a suite

dba504
02-04-2009, 07:19 AM
My husband and I are traveling w/ our 2 kids (2 and 4 years) to Disney in late March (yes a last minute trip) and would like to stay in a suite. It can be on or off property. We've stayed at WL and Pop Century before and really liked both but we need a separate room w/ a door as our kids go to bed so early. I've gotten prices from the cabins at Ft Wilderness but now feel a little overwhelmed by choices as I've had people recommend both the Doubletree and Embassy Suites off property as well as the villas on property. It gets even more confusing as some of the off property sites have their own package deals w/ admission tickets, etc. ANY advice would be so appreciated! We will be staying 5 nights and would like 5 day hopper passes but can be somewhat flexible. TIA!
Deborah

Ian
02-04-2009, 07:52 AM
I don't know if the rates are as good as they are when we booked, but the Mona Lisa Suites were really nice. We got a HUGE 2 bedroom suite there with a full kitchen and all for like $180 a night or something.

And it's basically right outside the gates. My only complaint was that it was a bit austere ... not a lot of personality.

KatMark
02-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Never done. But remember with offsite you cannot take advantage of extra magic hours, etc.

BrerGnat
02-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Have you tried to see if the All Star Family Suites are available? They are relatively well priced and may work for your situation.

Are you tied down to only 5 days? I know with the 4/3 deal (7 nights), Disney has a LOT of availability at the Saratoga Springs and Old Key West resorts in 1br villas...which would probably be perfect for you, and would be an excellent value.

pox24
02-04-2009, 04:00 PM
No you don't. Try one of the DVC Resorts. 2BR lock off rooms are avilable for alot less than a suite. A lockoff is a studio villa( queen bed and queen sleeper sofa, with bath and mini kitchen seprated by a door which leads to the 1 bR which has a kitchen, roman tub. MBR and lotsa room. For March its about $ 590.00 night. Suites of similar size at least at deluxe resorts are around $ 690.00 and higher. All Star suites are smaller and cheaper but I don't believe you have the lock off option. The junior suites at the Wilderness Lodge is another option. For about $ 685.00. For the money and your needs soundslike any DVC resort is your best deal. Unfortunately March is one of the most expensive times of the year to go. Lotta website are available to help decide with much more detail that what I just gave you. Good hunting.

TammiMcMan
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
For between $355 and $370 a night, the FW Cabins are a good option. Even though they just have a "normal" pool, my kids always loved staying in FW. I loved still having the convenience to the MK and the Trailside restaurant is a family favorite.

For between $285 and $305 a night, the AllStar family suites are your least expensive suite option.

If you are planning on spending all 5 days of your vacation visiting the parks, then I would strongly recommend staying on-site.

javamama
02-06-2009, 03:03 PM
What about the one bedroom princess suite at the Poly it's amazing, and you get some amazing perks being Club level. Tikiman's site has pics of it. We stayed in the two bedroom last year it was great, it held 10, we're staying because we have a similar deal 2 year old, and 5 year old--plus 6 adults--the parlor is a great plus.

WelshieLover
02-06-2009, 05:02 PM
With children as young as yours I would not do a 2 bedroom lock off, but a dedicated 2 bedroom unit at one of the DVCs. The dedicated does not allow anyone to lock the second bedroom off form the 1 bed room suite. We stayed at a dedicated 2 bedroom in OKW last month. It was great both bedrooms have doors, but you also have the living room/kitchen area separating them them. Lots of privacy. Your children will get the sleep and you and your husband some space to relax. You need to specifically request a dedicated unit. Terrisue at Magical Journeys arranged it all for us.

dba504
02-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks for all your responses and advice! I booked a suite at All Star Music b/c it was significantly less expensive than the 1 BR villas at WL (which was the 2nd choice). But there were no more packages for the 6 night "deal" (buy 4 get 2 free) for the suite (we can't stay 7 nights). They only had the buy 4 get 1 free (5 nights). Now we are thinking of staying an extra night (6) and since we can't have the suite if we chose this option we are considering 2 connecting rooms in All Star Music. The lady at Disney guaranteed they would be connected by a door in b/w. So it looks the only big differences b/w the 2 connecting rooms and the suite is the fridge/mic in the suite and having 4 beds in the 2 rooms instead of the 1 bed and pull-out couch in the suite. Now I just can't decide! I'm planning to take a baby monitor so I can hear the kids in the other room but I guess I'm still a little nervous about having them in a separate room w/ either option and somehow I think I'll end up in the same bed as my 2 year old...in which case the connecting rooms would be a better option since there are so many more beds. Again, any advice would be so appreciated!!
TIA,
Deborah (w/ husband and 2 kids, 4 1/2 and 2)

TammiMcMan
02-07-2009, 02:40 PM
The lady at Disney guaranteed they would be connected by a door in b/w.I know the CM's at reservations tell people this, but the fact is, it is not guaranteed. Chances are very good that they'll be able to accommodate your request, but please don't bank on a guarantee. Priority for these requests are given. In your case, you technically have 2 adults and 1 child on your reservation as the 2 year old isn't counted. You would be given a lower priority than someone who has 2 adults and 3 or 4 children on their reservation. Also, a number of connecting rooms are coded as handicapped accessible, so anyone with a medical need would be placed before you.

I know it's been overwhelming with all the info you've researched, but it's best knowing exactly what you're dealing with before you commit.

princessesmom
02-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Did you look into the cabins at FW? They are a great option for families who want a separate bedroom. The bedroom has a double bed and a set of bunks. There is a murphy bed (double) in the LR, also. You have a full kitchen, which is great for quick breakfasts and snacks. You can also cook if you want, though I choose not to. It is great to put the kids down in the bedroom and you and your hubby can hang out in the LR. There is a tv in both rooms. There is only 1 bathroom, but with two small children I don't think that will be an issue. We will be staying in the cabins for the 4'th time on our upcoming trip. I highly recommend them.