PDA

View Full Version : Splitting stay between different resorts

Genie1953
02-03-2009, 10:37 PM
We are heading to Disneyworld in April 2010 for our 30th wedding anniversary and we are considering splitting the stay between Port Orleans Riverside and another resort. Now we just need to figure out what other resort we want to split with. Any ideas on which resort? We are staying 10-12 days....any thoughts on how many days to spend at each resort. These probably seem like silly questions but we are just trying to get ideas.

:unsure: :confused: :unsure:

Mickey'sGirl
02-04-2009, 08:37 AM
The first time we split a stay, we spent 8 days at the Boardwalk, then 3 days at the Poly (The Boardwalk was on sale, and the Poly was not). We felt this was a good amount of time. We still unpacked and got settled at the Poly because of the 3 nights. It was a great way for us to experience a bit more of the world.

We wanted the BW for its proximity to Epcot, and then the Poly for its proximity to MK. Neither resort let us down.

Congratuations on 30 years! :mickey:

Sorry...meant to say that we have stayed at Riverside, and loved it. I am sure you will not be disappointed!

Tinkerfreak
02-04-2009, 12:14 PM
We looked into doing this and because we were doing a package it would have cost us more. Each resort stay is a seperate ressie and will be 2 different packages. That meant it cost more for tickets and we had to use all dining credits from first resort before checking into second resort or would lose them. We ended up doing a room only stay for the first day and then a package for the second part of the stay. Luggage transfer was really easy though and went better than I had expected.

ThanxForNoticin
02-04-2009, 12:25 PM
With some planning (which you are obviously doing), splitting a stay between resorts can be a lot of fun - almost like starting your vacation again in the middle. As for which resort, that's wide open. We've done it in the past when we were staying several days, but wanted to 'splurge' for a few nights at a fancier place or at a better location. "Fancier and better location" for us has meant the Beach Club. However, if you expect to spend more time around the Magic Kingdom, it might mean one of the monorail resorts. Maybe you've always been intrigued by the AKL or WL, and would like to stay there a few nights. Whatever your decision, hope you have a great time! Congrats on your anniversary!

Luv Eeyore
02-04-2009, 12:26 PM
We always split our stays - we're DVC members and spend a week in a "home resort" (ours are BCV and AKV) and 2 or 3 nights at a different resort. We are partial to YC/BC because of the theme (and the best pool in the World) but even more so because of its location. Being close to both Epcot and DHS is great, the Boardwalk is fun to wander through at night and the food choices are also outstanding.

Stickey
02-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Your personal preferences and budget will determine the optimal split. POR is a nice resort. I recommend splitting your stay with a deluxe.

AKL is an excellent and unique resort. WL is a good value and convenient to the MK. The Poly is convenient to MK and Epcot via the monorail. The Epcot resorts- YC, BC, and BWI are great for walking to Epcot and DHS.
The parks you want to visit most often and where (park/resorts) you plan to schedule your meals will help you decide.

Mousemates
02-05-2009, 02:13 PM
We do split stays on most trips...and while the choice you make on "what to split with" is one I want give an opinion on...i while give this suggestion...let the second resort be the nicer of the two...for example if you split your stay at POFQ with a value do the value first...if you split your stay at POFQ with a deluxe do the deluxe last.

In our experiences the resort we remember and most associate with the trip is the resort we depart from.

Another reason for doing it this way is that is always nicer to upgrade than downgrade....when you first arrive at WDW your excited and missing out on a few amenities is no big deal...but if you check into a deluxe and then move down to a mod or value...the smaller bed size and lack of other amenities are much more noticeable.

Just my two cents...

pamickeys
02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
we have never split stays, and I cannot understand it. EVERY place that we have stayed at, on the way home we say" never got to do that at the hotel,or we should have done this again"( unless it's a value) , it's like someone posting on here saying that they were able to see Epcot in 1 day, no way. save the other hotel for another time, enjoy the one that you are at

Crow
02-08-2009, 02:37 AM
Ive split stays on a lot of trips and love it...
saves me some, as i split between value & mod or deluxe
i got to exp diff resorts.
this next trip i cant since im getting the 4/3 pkg
depends on what you like, what you can afford and where you are going to spend time
if you want to split w a deluxe, WL is my fav or Cont
if another mod. POFQ or CSR