PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades

grumpydude
02-03-2009, 09:40 PM
What are some cool room upgrades that everyone has experienced?:D

DisneyHound
02-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Wilderness Lodge upgraded us to Concierge Level. Very cool.

Stickey
02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
WL- upgrade to courtyard view. The room overlooked the geyser and the lake.

YC- upgrade to water view.

LarryBoy
02-04-2009, 12:48 PM
We got upgraded to the Tower in the Contemporary. Very Cool! We didn't even ask, they just did it. Actually they asked if that would be ok. Well duh!:D

TinkerbellT421
02-04-2009, 01:10 PM
We got upgraded to the Tower in the Contemporary. Very Cool! We didn't even ask, they just did it. Actually they asked if that would be ok. Well duh!:D

Yea right, like you would have actually said sure no problem and had been FORCED against your will to take a free room upgrade to the tower at the Contemporary! LOL!!!!!!

grumpydude
02-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I've always wanted to stay at WL the atmosphere there is awesome:number1:

Jen C.
02-05-2009, 10:35 AM
We were upgraded twice.

First at Contemporary. We had booked a regular Tower Bay Lake view room, and were upgraded to concierge.

Second, at BC. We were booked in a club level deluxe room, and were upgraded to a club level 2 bedroom suite.

The first time was toatlly random, the second time was as a result of their being mechanical issues with our originally booked room (i.e. phone didn't work, climate control not working, etc.).

sgdisney
02-05-2009, 10:39 AM
In 2003 I had just booked a room at POFQ about a week before they announced that the whole resort was closing for refurb. So we got to upgrade to the Poly for only $10 more per night. Very nice upgrade and they only way I could ever afford to stay there! That same trip we also added one night to the beginning at AKL. It was a great trip!:mickey:

Darbylew
02-05-2009, 10:48 AM
We were upgraded at the AKL a few years ago.
That was our first time and we have not been
upgraded since then. :mickey::D
BEEN THERE DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
45 DAYS BUT WHO IS COUNTING! :D

Mousemates
02-05-2009, 08:01 PM
to savannah view at AKL

to tower (bay lake view) from wing at CR

Seasonscraps
02-06-2009, 10:41 AM
We got an upgrade to a garden suite at the boardwalk for our honeymoon. that was nice!!

Tinkerfreak
02-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Sorry this is kind of long.
On our trip in November we were booked at POFQ and after the first night we knew we could not take a week of the small beds. The kids were even uncomfortable sleeping together. I went down to the concierge desk and asked if there were any rooms available at the AKL (our favorite resort)? I told her we would pay for the room price difference with our Disney Visa. She called over there and they said they had a standard room but only for 6 night not 7 but we could move and see if something became available for our 7th night. We said great how much? I heard the woman on the phone as the woman at AKL if they would be willing to honor our current room rate?I was surprised. She said "you never know, it can't hurt to ask". I was shocked when they said no problem. She had explained to them that we just were not sleeping good in the smaller beds and they said they wanted guests to feel comfortable.
DH could not believe they upgraded our resort for free. He never complains about Disney at all anymore.

grumpydude
02-07-2009, 05:00 PM

I'm fairly new to all the different levels of upgrade, but what do you get with concierge level:blush::confused:

mslukie
02-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I still don't believe there is such a thing, I've been to Disney more times than I can count and have never been offered anything.:soapbox:

spoiledraf
02-08-2009, 05:32 AM
We were upgraded from a Garden Suite at the Boardwalk to the Steeplechase Suite (Presidential Suite) last year. If you look at the Boardwalk, it's the room with the 80 foot long balcony overlooking Ceresent Lake. Two bedrooms, master has a bedroom, dressing room, walk in closet, seperate bathroom and sink areas and another room with a walk in jacuzzi tub. It had a dining area with an antique table with 8 chairs, library area, sitting area, small kitchen area, three bathrooms, two seperate entrances and fresh flowers, even in the bathrooms. The room was filled with classic antiques including the bed and the matress wa about three and a half feet off the floor! They had little step stools to get in bed. My favorite part was just standing on that balcony wving at all the "litttle people" on the Boardwalk. :) Now I'm soooo spoiled! :cloud9:

kcrc
02-08-2009, 11:18 AM
When we stayed at the Poly in May, we were surprised with an upgrade from a Garden View room to a Lagoon View. It was so beautiful to wake up to a view of the castle every morning. We are now spoiled too!

pilk
02-08-2009, 07:35 PM
May 08 went from Music to SSR 1br suite....no charge...they called us the week before we left and asked if we would like the upgrade.

TheFoo
02-10-2009, 04:14 PM
We booked a DVC trip to OKW back in 2006 for a studio. When we got there, we were upgraded for free to a 2 BR. (I ended up calling my Father and Brother down to enjoy the magic, since we had the extra space.) :thumbsup: