PDA

View Full Version : Rooms @ Poly

baldburke
02-03-2009, 08:34 PM
So we're all in for a week at Poly in September. Can anyone recommend which rooms are best for requesting? Thanks!

tikiman
02-04-2009, 10:11 AM
What type of room are you booking? Garden view, lagoon view, magic kingdom view, or concierge (club level)?

wedrod
02-04-2009, 11:37 AM
My vote is in for Rarotonga Monorail view.

Stickey
02-04-2009, 12:39 PM
The Tikiman is the expert on the Poly.

For garden view rooms, Rapa Nui rooms facing toward Tokelau were very nice and convenient to the TTC.

Many of the original longhouses do not have second floor decks.

tikiman
02-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Well thanks Stickey but my opinion is no more valuable than anyone elses but I can tell you about the views that are available.
Every longhouse has a good and a bad. For garden view rooms I prefer Tokelau for its location, having the larger rooms, having balconies on both upper floors and possibly getting a room with a view of the lagoon or castle for a garden view price. The only other garden view rooms with a possibility of seeing the fireworks from your balcony are a handful in Rarotonga (pool side) but they are set way back or the 3rd floor corner room in Samoa. Samoa has some great views of either pool and some of the lagoon but it is requested the most and is a much smaller longhouse so your chances are not good with that request. Fiji is a good choice for a unique view but will put you farther from the pools, boat to MK and the TTC. I enjoyed my room in Rapa Nui facing Tahiti for its quite views of the gardens, its closeness to the bus stop and TTC and its own parking lot but you could end up with a view of that parking lot. Tuvalu is great for lagoon of MK view rooms but has some of the worst garden views. Rarotonga is a great location (close to just about everything and has some nice views. Niue is small and centrally located with almost the same views as Samoa being located next to it but you can get a lot of traffic around it since it is next to the doors tot eh GCH. Aotearoa is not a bad location but for me feels a little isolated. It is the best location for viewing the monorail.

baldburke
02-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Actually, I don't know which type of room we booked. I have to call to find out, but I do appreciate the suggestions. :papple:

goofy78
02-06-2009, 11:46 PM
nice post tikiman! i will have to use that information in the future. as for the last time i stayed at the poly (my favorite resort!) i stayed in the concierge level and had a view directly across from cindy's house. it was such an awesome view and i would highly recommend it.

DisneyorBust
02-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Without knowing your family size, preferences etc my primary recommendation would be the Tokelau Longhouse. It is centrally located, easy access to the GCH and both pools, has balconies on both upper floors and is a short walk to the TTC nad bus stop.
Have a great vacation at the POLY!