PDA

View Full Version : Wishes in May

stitch34
02-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Anyone else curious:confused: why the Wishes schedule hasn't been released with the rest of the May schedule? Wishes is our family's favorite night time show so we are very concerned.

We've heard several different reasons, so decided to call Disney. The only thing they could tell us is that as of right now it'sTBD and currently there's no showing in their system. This couldn't possibly be true. I just don't see what the delay is because every month leading up to May it's still shown every night...so what are they trying to figure out that it's so delayed and they release the schedule without Wishes.

I can't imagine any night ending in the Magic Kingdom without fireworks behind Cinderella's Castle:cloud9::thumbsup:...tell me this isn't in danger of just being displayed once or twice a week:fit::noway::(

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Yeah, it's possible. I mean, things are getting cut everywhere.

Tinkerbelly84
02-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I did notice that today and I had wondered about it too.

Carol
02-03-2009, 07:53 PM
and currently there's no showing in their systemThat simply means there is currently no schedule showing up for May.

I would imagine they are waiting to see if bookings pick up. I'd wager they would at least schedule the fireworks on the nights they offer Spectromagic.

In the past when they have done cut backs it's typically to Spectro. It's offered on a limited schedule in May. That may very well be what happens to Wishes if things don't pick up.

If they posted a schedule for a show every night and then made cutbacks people would complain even more. It's better to hold off.

crltkcagle
02-03-2009, 08:32 PM
NOOOOOO! Please no more cutbacks on things, I am already upset that canceled the P&P party :mad:

stitch34
02-04-2009, 04:42 PM
NOOOOOO! Please no more cutbacks on things, I am already upset that canceled the P&P party :mad:

Me too!!!:mad:

javamama
02-05-2009, 10:22 AM

I triple this I'm really disappointed this trip, and I'm still in Chicago still:( We had such a great time last year and Wishes, and the P&P party were part of that time, and just this whole not release the hours b/s, making it harder to plan our ADR's around the parks really stunk this time so far, I'm disappointed this time. It's not just cutbacks, and recession time for them it's for all of us too!

KylesMom
02-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Ditto on what PolyGirl stated - after 9-1-1 when attendance was dismal at Disney, they cut the evening parade showings to a few per month. It's been quite awhile, so I don't remember if it was the Electric Light Parade or Spectro, but it certainly would not surprise me if Wishes was scaled back as well as the evening parade showings. After all, Wishes is a much larger pyrotechnic production than its predecessor.

The only time we had to wait outside the gates of MK was an evening in May when they were showing both the parade and fireworks. I think everyone who lived in the State of Florida plus all of the visitors from out of state were there to see the show! We did eventually get in to the park, but the turnout (especially for a May evening) was incredible. I also remember waiting for a boat to get us back to FtW for 2 1/2 hours that evening!

TheVBs
02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Is there any hope that there will be a P&P party this year? We've never been and I was really hoping we could go on this visit.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

TheVBs
02-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Bummer! :( I've just decided I'm going to call once a week to check. I've asked each time I've called for dining (during the period between them updating their system and switching to 90 day advance reservations) and no one's heard anything yet.

Bret92
02-08-2009, 06:22 AM
I don't know if I could handle cutbacks on Wishes. It is by far, my favorite nighttime show, and I keep talking it up for my trip in June.

cmshelton1979
02-08-2009, 11:00 AM
I talked to Disney Reservations earlier this week and they said the fireworks schedule has been released. Is this not the case?

Bluesky481
02-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Yes, the Wishes hours are posted for May, it's just a little tricky to find them on the Disney website. We will be there the first week of May, and Wishes is scheduled to be shown every night. Here's how you can find the events schedules for Magic Kingdom: Go to the Disney website, scroll over the "Discover" tab, and click on "Magic Kingdom". If you scroll about 3/4 of the way down on this page, you will find a heading that says "Calendars". Click on the link that says "Calendars for Magic Kingdom Theme Park". This brings up the month-view calendar. Make sure you select May, and then click on any of the days to bring up the entire schedule of events for that day. Wishes should be there for each night. Hope this helps--happy planning!:thumbsup:

luvDaMouse
02-08-2009, 11:36 AM
:thanks::fworks::cheer: Just went to Disney website and found the calender just where you said! Whew.... I was worried Wishes is my favorite I can relax now, and plan my dinner at Cali Grill.... :thumbsup:

TheVBs
02-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks for that info BlueSky! I wish they would have links to printable versions of the calendars. Does anybody have any good tips on the best way to print them? Also, there's nothing on any of the calendars for Epcot. Is this just a mistake?

TheVBs
02-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Also just noticed there's nothing on any of the AK calendars, and no Fantasmic listed on the HS May calendar for the time that we're there. I was told when I called Disney it was scheduled for two nights during our stay (the 3rd & 7th?).

Carol
02-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Also just noticed there's nothing on any of the AK calendars, and no Fantasmic listed on the HS May calendar for the time that we're there. I was told when I called Disney it was scheduled for two nights during our stay (the 3rd & 7th?).There is. Simply go to Info Central and everything is listed -- and no climbing through hoops to find it. Just click on May.

Walt Disney World Events (http://intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/events.asp)

TheVBs
02-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks for that! I noticed a message in that section that the P&P dates for 2009 have been cancelled. Were there dates for this year?

stitch34
02-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Yippee for there not being cutbacks on Wishes!!!:thumbsup:

There were dates out for P&P and they were taken off. Like previously stated I wouldn't count on P&P being added back at this time. We can wish though:D

TheVBs
02-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I'll be wishing right along with you! Nothing wrong with a little positive thinking. ;):D