PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and Pixie Dust Needed

daparish
02-03-2009, 01:18 PM
It seems like when it rains it pours.
My uncle (mom's younger brother) has been sick for the last year. He is exremly anemic and they can not figure out why or where the blood is going. The dr was pretty sure he had leukemia about 6 months ago and did a bone marrow test which came back negative for leukemia. He started feeling better and his blood count remained normal until this week. He is self employed fisherman and does not have medical insurance so that makes things even harder. He was having trouble breathing and went to the dr and they put him in the hospital and he received 2 pints of blood yesterday and 2 pints today. They did another bone marrow test and other test today. His wife was diagnosed with colon cancer years ago. She could not finish her chemo treatments because she seemed to have a rare allergic reaction to something in the chemo. A couple of weeks ago the pupil in her left eye became dilated. She went to the dr who said he thought it might me a tumor or an aneurysim. She had an eye scan last week and has not received the results yet. Today she had to go for a lung scan because they see something on one of her lungs. It is very scary to think that they both may be fighting for their lives. It is also pretty hard because they both want to be there for the other but my aunt had to go for her test while my uncle had the bone marrow test.
On top of this my DH went to the eye dr yesterday because he broke his glasses which he only needs for far distances. He has not seen an eye dr in forever. The dr told him it appears that something is wrong with his optic nerves. They are very narrow which could mean that something is pressing on them or he mentioned a disease of the optic nerve (can't remember it) but said there is no cure. He has to have an ultrasound and then we will go from there.
We sure could use some prayers and any extra pixie dust you can spare.

God Bless.

TinkerbellT421
02-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Oh Lori I am so sorry to hear everything that is going on with you and your family. I am sending many many prayers and pixie dust your way to help you and your family get through this....:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

By the way the disease they mentioned for your husbands eyes...was it Glaucoma?

Stitchahula
02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm so sorry for all you and your family are going through right now. Prayers and pixie dust for you all.

daparish
02-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Oh Lori I am so sorry to hear everything that is going on with you and your family. I am sending many many prayers and pixie dust your way to help you and your family get through this....:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

By the way the disease they mentioned for your husbands eyes...was it Glaucoma?

Thanks so much. I just looked it up and it is Optic Drusen.

TinkerbellT421
02-03-2009, 01:45 PM
No problem hun.

nickv1025
02-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Our prayers and pixie dust are with you and your family.

May you all be blessed with health as soon as God will allow.

RedSoxFan
02-03-2009, 03:03 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Marymouse2003
02-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Dear Lori,
So sorry to hear such news. Please be assured of my prayers.
God bless,

LauraleeH
02-03-2009, 04:47 PM
I'll be praying for your family!

Dsnygirl
02-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Lori, I am so sorry to hear that all this is going on... sending tons of :pixie: & prayers to you and your family. I hope everything turns around for you guys soon. :fingers:

merlinmagic4
02-04-2009, 02:47 PM
:pixie: :pixie:

sleepingbooty
02-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Lori, I will say a prayer for your family. You are right, when it rains, it pours. We had a year like that in 2007 - but they say God never gives you more than you can handle. It turned out to be true. Hang in there!:thumbsup:

Cinderelley
02-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Prayers for healing, strength and peace for you and yours.

Pagan
02-05-2009, 04:36 PM
I don't pray but I will send positive energy your way. Hope everything works out.

ElenitaB
02-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Lori, many prayers being said for your family (I have prayers for another family heading down to LA today as well, so I'll just send a general good health showering of :pixie: as well too).

BTW, I also had an allergic reaction to the chemo I was receiving. It is not all that rare (occurs in around 25% of cases), and there are other treatment options available. I do hope your aunt's doctors pursue a different course of treatment.

daparish
02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks so much everyone. Seems to be helping. My aunt did receive the results of the mri on her eye and it is some type of infection. She is still waiting for the results of her lung scan and my uncle is waiting for the results of the bone marrow and bone biobsy. DH goes to the eye dr tomorrow to discuss the results of his test and to have the ultrasound. My job is crazy as ever but I thank God everyday that I am still employed. I will keep you all updated. Thanks again.

mrsgaribaldi
02-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way for both of them.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Lots of prayers and pixie dust that the next round of news is good too. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: