PDA

View Full Version : Resort Parking ?

DisneyCrazed580
02-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm staying at POR in March. I have some friends who are staying offsite. One day, we're planning on spending the whole day together at AK, hitting the piano bar at POR and then taking the boat to DD. Will they be allowed to park their car at POR and ride the bus with us? We've never rented a car so I'm not aware of what ID you have to show coming into the Resort Parking Lot. Thanks!!

goofysbabe
02-03-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm thinking no - I'm not sure though, when we got stopped at the gate they ask for ID and what our purpose was for being there and I thought checked some paper work (something they had - because the last time we were there I had no paper work to show). IF not they could always park at DTD ride the boat over to POR and then you'd be on your way - then when you come back and headed out for DTD their car would already be parked there. Just a thought and maybe someone else knows more than I.

brian2000boston
02-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Great question, I was totally going to submit the same one the group. It wouldnt make sense to me that my family can't park my car at a Disney resort when they stay off site. I have never heard of a hotel where you can t have visitors.

TammiMcMan
02-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Just let the front desk staff know. They'll notify security and have a day parking pass available for your guests. Should be no problem.

The issue really isn't with guests of a resort having visitors, the bigger problem is that offsite people do try to save money bypassing the park parking lot and taking up guest spaces for an entire day at a nearby resort. That's part of the main reason why they'll only issue 3 hour parking passes or restrict it even further at the resorts located alongside the parks.