PDA

View Full Version : Free night at Swan or Dolphin?

caryrae
02-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Has anyone heard about this offer? I read about it a few days ago. Residents of the winning Super Bowl team gets a free night at the Swan or Dolphin if you book 2 nights. You have to book by Feb 28th and you have to make the booking with-in 12 months.

From WPXI News,

Super Bowl Winner’s Fans Get Free Night At Walt Disney World
Thursday, January 29, 2009 – updated: 2:55 pm EST January 29, 2009

The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, which is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort, is awarding the fans of this year’s Super Bowl champions with a free night’s stay.

Depending on which team prevails, residents of either Pennsylvania or Arizona will receive a free night at the resort when booking two nights at the standard price.

Fans must book their vacation by Feb. 28, 2009, but will have a full year to take advantage of the offer and celebrate their team’s victory at the place known for championship celebrations.

JPL
02-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Yes this is a valid offer for residents of Pittsburgh not sure how far out it extends to the surrounding area.

caryrae
02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
That's what I was curious about, if you had to live in Pittsburgh only or you could be with in a certain distance but I live in MN so I don't think I am close enough. lol

TinkerbellT421
02-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Thats actually pretty cool. Good idea...Must be an idea because of the economy....Get people to come on down to florida.....Thats a good idea...but do you have to book AT the Swan/Dolphin...Or can you book atleast a two day stay at a Value and then get a free night at the Swan or Dolphin...If you have to book at Swan or Dolphin...:confused: that would be way too expensive and I cant see that being very cost effective for anyone. At that point you would be able to book a two week vacation at a moderate for the prices you would pay at the Swan or Dolphin...Unless of course you have the money for it then god bless and have a great time to whoever you may be!

JPL
02-03-2009, 10:27 AM
That's what I was curious about, if you had to live in Pittsburgh only or you could be with in a certain distance but I live in MN so I don't think I am close enough.

I would call them and inquire about the specifics or check thier website for more details.

Ian
02-03-2009, 10:37 AM
The add pretty clearly says "residents of Pennsylvania", so I'm pretty sure it's not limited to just Pittsburgh. That would be near impossible to determine what actually qualified as "Pittsburgh."

big blue and hairy
02-03-2009, 10:38 AM
If standard price means rack rate, this is just a repackaging of most of their discounts. Pretty smart way of doing it, but not a better deal than you'd find on the website.

:sulley:

kakn7294
02-05-2009, 09:47 AM
I don't know what standard rates are this time of year, but for March 12 - 15 the rates at the Dolphin were $219 / night for a standard view - 2 doubles, $255 / night for theme park view - 2 doubles, and $285 / night for theme park view w/ balcony - 2 doubles. All nights are also subject to a mandatory $10.65 / night resort fee, including the free night. For these nights, it translated into a savings of $39 over the cheapest rate on the internet as of yesterday. I also asked (although I knew what the answer would be) if it could be combined with a AAA or Nurse/Teacher/Government rate and of course, it cannot be.