PDA

View Full Version : Monorail question for all you pro's

TinkerbellT421
02-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Heres a questions while me and DBF do our tentative planning for our next trip...
Does anyone know how late the resort Monorail loop runs after MK closes? We were wondering if we stayed at the Contemporary and ate dinner at the Poly or GF late (i.e. after MK closes) how do we get back? :confused:

ali'sdad2003
02-03-2009, 10:18 AM
When we were there in Sept., it was 2 hours. I know because we made it by about 5 minutes. I think that is standard for all Disney Transporation. :mickey:

EpcotChic23
02-03-2009, 12:23 PM
It also depends on when Epcot closes too. Those resort guest get droped off at the TTC and hop on the resort line to get "home". Many times I have been on the resort monorail when we stop at the MK and it is closed.

TinkerbellT421
02-03-2009, 01:37 PM
So...Im confused.....If MK closes at 8 does the monorail stop running at 10? Or if EPCOT closes @ 9....it stops running at 11? So if we had dinner at Poly....we leave at 10....would the monorail still be running for us to get back to Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary?

diz_girl
02-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Per Info Central - the resort monorail runs until until 11 p.m. or two hours after the Magic Kingdom closes, whichever is later. So just don't eat too late or linger too long or you'll have to hire a taxi or take a bus to/from DTD (or a park if one is open late) to get back to your resort.

Also, the MK express and the Epcot monorails run until 1½ hours after each park closes.

AXOAlum
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't remember the time, but we got "stuck" at the Poly on our trip in September. We had gone there late to grab a bite at Captain Cooks and found out afterward that there was no transportation running (it was late). Thankfully we had driven ourselves and parked at the TTC so it was just a brief walk across the lawn back to our car :cool: