PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe suites worth it? For 6 people?

lawgirl
02-02-2009, 09:41 PM
I am wanting to plan a trip for 5-6 adults (my immediate family), and am looking at Deluxe resorts. I think a suite would be nice, but would 2 rooms be just as good?

We usually go the cheap route, and get the standard view room at the AKL or WL. But I'm thinking about splurging this time.

I see the AKL suites are like $800 / night. Is it really worth it? Can anyone share their personal experience with staying in a club-level suite? I have never stayed in a suite at WDW, and can't decide what to do, if its worth spending the money?

VWL Mom
02-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Not sure when you plan to travel but you my want to consider a 2bdrm villa for that money. You wouldn't have the club amenities but you would have a lot of space and 2 private baths.

lawgirl
02-03-2009, 10:52 AM
What exactly are the villas? And where can I find pricing on them?

Thanks!

Ian
02-03-2009, 10:56 AM
The villas are the 1, 2, and 3 BR rooms at the Disney Vacation Club resorts.

They're available for cash bookings and you can also rent points from a DVC member to book them. Typically, the going rate is around $11 per point.

If you tell me when your dates are and what size accomodations you would want, I can give you an idea what it would cost.

That $800 a night at AKL ... is that for a 1BR suite?

lawgirl
02-03-2009, 11:01 AM
We're thinking about the first of May. I prefer the AKL to all the other resorts.

The $800 was from the Disney site, but now I can't remember what it was for...maybe that was for one of the Kidani villas?

My main question is regarding the quality of the villas and suites. It would be more expensive to go that route, but it would be fun to have a bigger unit where we can all stay together.

VWL Mom
02-03-2009, 11:29 AM
The rate info is available on the WDW site as are the photos.

Ian
02-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Kidani would be a DVC room, although I didn't know they were supposed to be open by May.

If you want AKL, first week of May, here's about what you can expect to pay when renting points:

1BR, Savannah View, concierge level is 338 points, or about $3,700. That assumes a Friday to Sunday stay (i.e. May 1st to May 9th).
2BR, Savannah View, concierge level is 459 points, or about $5,000.
And the Grand Villa (3BR) is 729 points, or about $8,000.
Since weekend nights are the most expensive points wise, if you cut out that Friday and Saturday night stay at the end you'd save quite a bit.

Ian
02-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Sorry ... still didn't answer your question about the quality of the rooms ...

I mean, they're the same quality as the rest of the rooms, basically. Unless you go up to the really big suites (i.e. Presidential and Vice-Presidential), the rest of the basic suites are pretty much just like the standard rooms, only larger.

The upside is you do get more amenities, like a washer/dryer, big jacuzzi tub, more T.V.'s, etc.

lawgirl
02-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks for all the info. I'll have to research some more, and think it over. It seems to me like we might be better off just getting two rooms at AKL. I usually get the cheapest rooms available, and I can't see paying a whole lot more for the suites...unless its the presidential, like you said, and I don't think I want to do that much this time.