PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare breakfast review

Frank Bullitt
02-02-2009, 02:36 PM
And it was an eye-opener, I will be posting a trip report so this might be redundant but I wanted to make sure justice was done.
I got this as a last-minute ressie (as in called Tuesday night 1/27 and got a ressie for 10:10am on 1/31) so it is easier to get into than alot of the character meals.
I had misgivings about this place because I heard how boistrous it could be ('organized bedlam' was the term most used) but I had an opening that morning from the conference and decided to give it a try.
I arrived about 5 minutes early and was seated very quickly. Lynette was my server and was very helpful, they make excellent Bloody Marys, too :thumbsup:
The food is top notch, I have eaten at buffets in higher end hotels like Hyatt and so forth, but this is better. It has the unique offerings that adults like but I also saw kid-friendly offerings, usually it's one or the other, so the wide variety was welcome. I would like especially to single out the lobster benedict (poached eggs with lobster meat in a hollandaise sauce) the strawberry soup was delish and the bacon was done just right. They also had a create your own omlette station.
I was surprised that it was much lower key than I was expecting, but I was in the main room, and it was fairly empty at 10:10, still it was a pleasant surprise.
And that morning I was feeling somewhat fragile from the previous night (the night before I was entertaining 4 clients from Baden-Baden, Germany and they all wanted to go to Margaritaville) so the Bloody Mary was a welcome addition.
The Characters were nice; that morning it was Pooh, Tigger, Alice and the Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins. They were all very friendly, in spite of me being a 30 year old solo guy in a suit and somewhat hungover. Tigger ribbed me gently about working on my Blackberry and 'tasted' my drink, Pooh was nice, Alice thought being hungover meant being hung over a hook by the chandelier, and Mary Poppins called me on the 'just getting autographs for my nieces' excuse, but was very sweet about it, something like "You know, you don't have to pretend, we don't mind seeing nice, well-dressed and mannered gentlemen like yourself."
All in all I give it a very resounding 2 thumbs up, I would probably reccomend a later breakfast or very early to avoid the crowds, I believe someone on the forums said that the other room (narrow) was louder and to avoid it at all costs.
I will be giving a more detailed report on the characters in the appropriate forum when I collect all my wits and notes but I wanted to post this...

tinksmom02
02-02-2009, 09:44 PM
We've enjoyed 1900 on our previous trips. The first time we went, it was nice and quiet. Last Sept, though, it was a madhouse. And by madhouse I mean that Tigger and the Mad hatter were running all over the place "fighting" with each other. At one point the MH screamed across the restaurant, "Alice, get the ax!" It was funnier then, of course...just wanted to throw in that it was the characters who were creating the bedlam in that instance!

LOVE the omelette station!

joanna71985
02-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the review! This is one place I really want to try.

ljv1975
02-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks for posting! We are thinking about dining here for breakfast and dinner on our next trip.

BeccaO
02-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I have to agree with the Lobster Benedict, it is to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately we skipped Park Fare for this last trip a couple weeks ago and now after reading this post I could just kick myself!!!!!! I have never in my life tasted something as good as those lobster benedict eggs, they just melt in your mouth!!! :thumbsup:

PlutoLover
02-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for your review!! I just finished booking for breakfast but was torn between breakfast or dinner so I was thrilled to see your post. We are going here for my niece's bday so it's sounds like it's perfect!!

Oh and by the way don't feel you ever have to go the World alone again, I'm sure my hubby wouldn't mind if I tagged along to keep you company :blush:

Frank Bullitt
02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks everyone!
I will definately make 1900 a must see for the next trip

stitch34
02-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks for posting! We are thinking about dining here for breakfast and dinner on our next trip.

We are doing this on our upcoming trip in May. We went for dinner only last time and the character interaction was great and so was the food. We actually went at opening and we will be doing the same this year. We enjoyed the way the characters entered the dining hall one at a time and started interacting with each other right away. We want to try it in the morning as well with the other characters.

Septbride2002
02-03-2009, 06:06 PM
The people who play Mary Poppins always get a thumbs up from me - they always manage to say something so in character. I'm glad you had a great time - sounds like a yummy breakfast. I'll have to remember this if my Dad ever goes with us - he loves Bloody Marys in the morning.

~Amanda

January-2007
02-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the report! :mickey:

Mousemates
02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
we've enjoyed our visits to 1900 also....both the food and the characters (who do a great job of staying in character...thou a few sensitive souls do sometimes appear to take the MH a bit too seriously).

mouseketeer mom
02-04-2009, 06:45 AM
I've been hearing so many good things about 1900 Park Fare. We are trying it in March. Thanks for the review.

Mickey'sGirl
02-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the review!

We really didn't enjoy 1900PF at dinner time -- too crowded..... but we had the last seating at breakfast last year, and had sooooooooooo much fun. The food was delish (especially the lobster benedict) and the boys got tons and tons of attention. Mad Hatter loved our oldest son and kept coming back to hang out with him.... and Mary Poppins kept coming back until our younger son let her give him a kiss (then he wouldn't let us wipe of the lipstick!).

We highly recommend it! :thumbsup:

Tinkpink
02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Great review! We are definitely trying 1900 Park Fair.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
02-05-2009, 11:49 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for the great review.

princessat37
02-06-2009, 06:16 PM
thanks! i'm adding it to my breakfast list :mickey: