PDA

View Full Version : Creme Brulee

cmshelton1979
02-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Can you tell me which all fine establishments serve this? My wife is a huge fan of it. I am not going to Epcot and I know she got some from the French Restaurant.

Next trip May 19-24 :mickey::number1:

Pirate Granny
02-02-2009, 03:26 PM
The best ever Creme Brule is at Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge...Pistachio Creme Brulee ...to die for. I've made a reservation just for dessert, I will admit the server was not happy with us...but it was 9:30pm the restaurant was empty...but he moved us to another section and gave us to another server...very rudely too. Did send a note to the Manager, never received a response.
:pirate:

DisneyGlutton
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Creme Brulee is a pretty standard dessert at a lot of WDW restaurants. My favorite was the Maple one at Le Cellier. California Grill (butterscotch), Kona Cafe (banana chocolate), and Narcoossee's (keylime) are other options off the top of my head.

BluegrassDaisy
02-02-2009, 04:38 PM
I had the maple at LeCellier - it was awesome :cloud9:

mouseketeer mom
02-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Creme Brulee is a pretty standard dessert at a lot of WDW restaurants. My favorite was the Maple one at Le Cellier. California Grill (butterscotch), Kona Cafe (banana chocolate), and Narcoossee's (keylime) are other options off the top of my head.

We did the Creme Brulee tour of WDW during my DH's birthday trip in August. One Creme Brulee was better than the next!!! Its soo hard to choose, but I'm thinking Kona's wins for us.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-02-2009, 09:01 PM
MK-Tony's has pistachio creme brulee
Downtown Disney-Wolfgang PUck Express
Epcot-French Bakery &Very Yummy Maple Creme Brulee at LeCellier

Just a few I know of...

Hammer
02-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Creme Brulee, a favorite topic of mine :tasty: ! Since you mention that you will not be going to Epcot, here are some places to try that are not in Epcot:

1) Hollywood Brown Derby- Double Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee- This is one of my personal favorites and I always order it here provided it is on the menu.

2) Narcoossee's, Grand Floridian- Key Lime Creme Brulee- Excellent creme brulee. The key lime adds to the flavor without overpowering it.

3) Fulton's Crab House- Milk Chocolate Creme Brulee- a decent creme brulee, but I found the flavor and consistency of the creme a bit lacking.

4) Kona Café, Polynesian Resort- Banana-Chocolate Creme Brulee- I'm not a fan of bananas, but many like the creme brulee here.

cmshelton1979
02-03-2009, 12:11 AM
I want to thank everyone for the input on this. My wife thanks you lol.

Natazu
02-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Crème Brûlées:
7. Jiko (pistachio)
6. Bistro de Paris (vanilla)
5. Brown Derby (vanilla bean)
4. Kona (banana chocolate)
3. Le Cellier (maple)
2. Narcoossee’s (key lime)
1. Victoria & Albert’s (varies)

TheDuckRocks
02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
I wasn't a big fan of the key lime creme brulee at Narcoosee's. I'm a huge fan of creme brulees in general and love key lime pie, so I thought this would be on the top of my list.........first time ever I did not finish a creme brulee.
The pistachio creme brulee at Tony's Town Square was wonderful, a very pleasent surprise.

TinkerbellT421
02-03-2009, 11:56 AM
The only two places I personnally have had the creme brulle was the Maple at LeCellier mmm Delicious.....and The butterscotch one at Coral Reef....also very yummy .... :eat::tasty:

chrisNC
02-03-2009, 12:19 PM
The butterscotch creme brulee at California Grill is pretty good. It's served with two little pieces of bannana bread as well. Really, can't say anything bad about it, but for half the price, the creme brulee at Wolfgang Puck Express is really good, possibly better. Super creamy, nice vanilla flavor.

tinkergal
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
I've made dining choices exclusively based on the choice of creme brulee. I have to throw a vote in for Kona's banana chocolate, too.

But for a straight-up, traditional version, try Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney. In a word, it was supercalifragilisticexpiali-docious! A generous portion @ a reasonable price.

Utopia74
02-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Kona Cafe's Chocolate-Banana Creme Brulee is the best..

DebK
02-03-2009, 05:22 PM
If it is still on their menu, the Yachtsman had a pretty good Creme Brulee.....

LarryBoy
02-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Doesn't Coral Reef have a Creme Brulee as well? The menu says it's butterscotch, I don't remember. I thought I remembered somebody having a citrus flavored brulee as well, but I couldn't find it on any menu.

TinkerbellT421
02-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Doesn't Coral Reef have a Creme Brulee as well? The menu says it's butterscotch, I don't remember. I thought I remembered somebody having a citrus flavored brulee as well, but I couldn't find it on any menu.

Past few years I have eaten there it is only a butterscotch creme brulee....Maybe you are thinking cirtus because they usually put some kind of fruit (a few pieces) with it? Last time I was there it had raspberries...The time before that it was strawberries.

PlutoPlanet
02-04-2009, 12:06 PM
My 2 favorites are at Chefs de France and the maple creme brulee at Le Cellier.

LarryBoy
02-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Past few years I have eaten there it is only a butterscotch creme brulee....Maybe you are thinking cirtus because they usually put some kind of fruit (a few pieces) with it? Last time I was there it had raspberries...The time before that it was strawberries.

Either that or I'm thinking of another restaurant. :scratch:

jhunter
02-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Crème Brûlées:
7. Jiko (pistachio)
6. Bistro de Paris (vanilla)
5. Brown Derby (vanilla bean)
4. Kona (banana chocolate)
3. Le Cellier (maple)
2. Narcoossee’s (key lime)
1. Victoria & Albert’s (varies)

"Jym's Top-7" lists pop up all the time. Is there somewhere I can look at all the Top-7 lists? Who is Jym?

TBY2225
02-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Le Cellier -Maple
Kona-banana chocolate

YUMMY!

poeticeclipse
02-05-2009, 01:02 PM
My husband and I both would vote for Le Cellier! You get vanilla and maple..... SO GOOD!

Hull-onian
02-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Rose and Crown for Creme Brulee. They have the best desert ever. Alas, that is all.

LarryBoy
02-06-2009, 10:52 AM
What kind of brulee does R&C have?

Utopia74
02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
R&C definitely did not have creme brulee, at least when we went..

stitchaholic
02-07-2009, 01:01 PM
the absolute best creme brulee is in the patisserie in france -world showcase epcot.