PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe room WL and views/cement walls

mouseketeer mom
02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
We haven't been to the WL in a few years. The last time we had a deluxe room (there are 5 of us) we were on the ground floor and our patio contained a cement wall and brush. We're looking for something a little better, we are the kind of family that spends time at the resort and a pretty view would be lovely. We also understand some of the rooms have cement walls on balconys and you cannot see a thing while sitting. How can we avoid this, and where should we request?

Pirate Granny
02-02-2009, 12:13 PM
we were on the third or fourth floor in the corner by the pool...but our balcony was cement and we faced the other wing, while the room next to us faced the pool...90 degrees and our balconies touched...We had already changed rooms once, due to a cigar smoker right below us, using the balcony as his smoking room...so we didn't request another room...I would request a high floor room, with a non-cement balcony...pay attention as the top floor has dormer type balconies, but they may be the concierge rooms. I still enjoyed the balcony to the point at 2am I pulled the pole light outside and read my book and enjoyed the warm weather for two hours. Make sure you get up and participate in the WL free tour...check with the front desk for times. I found it really interesting.
:pirate:

luvDaMouse
02-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi Lisa,
When you check in ask if they have all the "flag family" spots filled in for the time you are there. I tried but there were no spaces for us when we were there in Sept. My friend and his family did this. They take you to the top of the building in the am and you raise the flags. He said its an amazing view, you can take pictures and they also got free breakfast on the concierge floor. I think they got a certificate that said they were the "flag family of the day" also! :mickey
If you and your family do get chosen let us know and post some pictures!! :thumbsup:
Dana

mouseketeer mom
02-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks Dana! I totally forgot about Flag Family. We will definitely ask. Thanks!:mickey:

VWL Mom
02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
We liked 5166. That is the courtyard side and we had a view of the water & beach. There was the cement wall but I think the majority of js have them. We also like it because the stairs were right there.

This info may help:
DELUXE ROOMS:
Most are located at the very end of the hallways and are considered non-specific views. They can face Courtyard or Woods.
There are a total of 25 Deluxe Rooms, as of January 2007 the deluxe rooms have been added to Club Level and receive access to the 7th floor Old Faithful Club along with Personal Itinerary Planning. None of the Deluxe rooms are located on the 7th floor.

Deluxe Room Inner Courtyard Views:
Five of these rooms are located mid-way down the South Wing and have a beautiful view of the inner courtyard. They are located just around the corner from the mid-way elevators so access to the 7th floor will be very covenant. The room #’s would be 2123, 3123, 4123, 5123 and 6123. Rooms 2123 and 3123, due to the design of the building these rooms have brick on the balcony railing so you can not see out unless you are standing up.

Deluxe Room located in the North Wing:
Ten of these rooms are located at the very end of the North Wing, they will have a woods view very close to the dock with an obscured view of Bay Lake. Some guests have said the horns from the motor cruisers and motor launches coming and going from the docks have disturbed them. The room #’s would be 1000, 1003,
2000, 2003, 3000, 3003, 4000, 4003, 5000 and 5003. (*NOTE: From Suite 5000 you are able to see the Castle and WISHES fireworks from the bedroom window and bedroom balcony. This may change at any time as those tress keep growing every year. Haven't received any reports from Suite 4000 or 3000 but it might be possible)

Deluxe Room located in the South Wing:
Ten of these rooms are located at the very end of the South Wing, They will have views of Bay Lake and the marina area. Watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the balcony is one of my favorite memories. The room #’s would be 1166, 1169, 2166, 2169, 3166, 3169, 4166, 4169, 5166 and 5169. Rooms 1166, and 1169, due to the design of the building these rooms have brick on the balcony railing so you can not see out unless you are standing up.

Mackflava99
02-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Hi Lisa-
The higher the better- there are some incredible views in this lodge !!!!! So its good to get one if you can
IF you get higher than the view is a ton better, plus you may be able to see the electrical pagent-
Actually we had a wooded view the last time- it was VERY quiet at night, which is a good thing. But in the AM we'd sit out and have some tea and see the rabbits and some deer at times.

*Standard view - parking lot, limited woods or driveway

* Woods view - overlooking the natural forest area surrounding the resort - very quiet !!! you will sleep well.

* Lodge view - of the newest Disney Vacation Club property next door, the Wilderness Lodge Villas

* “Original” Courtyard view - that overlooks the Silver Creek courtyard, pool or Bay Lake- Guests may find that some of the rooms that overlook the vast lobby may be noisier than others.
Original could be awesome if you get to see the lake, geyser and the electrical pageant every night from your balcony
*"New" Courtyard View with Villas' swimming pool overlooks Villas swimming pool.

It matters which one of the courtyards you get-

Bryan

mouseketeer mom
02-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Everyone, Thanks so much!
VWL Mom- Terrific info! We had room 1166 the only time we've had a JS at the WL. I loved the location by the pool, but we had that wall!!! Wouldn't want that again.
So, I guess my two fave choices of those listed would be those with an Inner Courtyard View, OR those in the South Wing. I'm not sure how or what to ask for..can you help me word my request? As I said, our view/experience at the resort is really important to us. We don't want our experience to end when we are in room!

VWL Mom
02-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Since the inner courtyard rooms are in the south wing you could make a request for south wing 4th floor or higher or inner courtyard view above 4th floor.

mouseketeer mom
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks so much!!!! I will do that!