PDA

View Full Version : Day Trip

Kerry823
02-02-2009, 09:05 AM
I will be in West Palm Beach visiting family and have decided to make a day trip to Disney to satisfy my need. I am going to get a 1 day parkhopper and plan on going to Epcot, MK and Animal Kingdom. If time allows, I may go to the Studios to ride Toy Story Mania and catch Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I know that I can't possibly do everything, but does anyone here have any experience doing this and is it actually possible to hit all 4 parks in one day. I plan on only hitting my favorite attractions. I am concerned about the wait times for them and am not sure what park to start at. I was thinking about starting at MK and ending at Epcot but I will need to do more research on park opening times, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks

JPL
02-02-2009, 09:36 AM
If you want to ride TSM go to DHS first and arrive at rope drop and make sure it's Morning EMHs. The head over to AK. Then Epcot and finally the MK since MK is usually open the latest.

MMFreak
02-02-2009, 11:02 AM
you can def do all parks in one day if you specifically just go to the rides you want to ride. Will you be traveling alone or with others? The more people there are will change this scenario drastically. But if it is just one or two of you it is doable while still being great fun!

buzznwoodysmom
02-02-2009, 11:11 AM
We did this in June. We vacationed at Vero Beach and then surprised the kids with two nights in WDW on our way home. We did the water park on one day and the other day we only planned on doing DHS and MK, but ended up going to all 4 parks. We arrived at DHS before park opening on a morning EMH day so we were there before 8am. We did ToT, RnRc, TSM, and Startours and were leaving the park around 10am. Then we went to AK. At AK we ate lunch at the TS Yak and Yeti then rode Kali River Rapids, and Expidition Everest. I don't think we did anything else at AK. We then went to Epcot. We rode SSE and my DH and oldest son rode Mission Space. We played in Innoventions for a while and then headed to MK. Everything else we wanted to do in Epcot had too long of a waittime. At MK we rode BTMRR, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzzlightyear, TTA, Pirates, Peter Pan and maybe a few other rides. We even left MK for dinner at Ohana's and headed back and stayed until park closing. It was not as crazy as I thought it would be or as crazy as it sounds. As a matter of fact knowing that we couldn't do everything actually made us slow down and do a few things we'd never done before. At Epcot we let the kids play in innoventions for at least 30 minutes, we normally never do that. We also spend a good bit of time in the exit area of SSE. At MK we watched the glass blowing man complete a vase and we stopped in at the ice cream place and had an afternoon treat. Those are things we'd never stopped to do before. I wouldn't make a habit of touring the parks this way, but with only a day to visit all 4 parks it is very doable and surprisingly enjoyable.