PDA

View Full Version : POR vs. CBR pirate room

beksy
02-02-2009, 08:36 AM
I always do this--I make my ressies and then begin to doubt my decision. Last evening I looked at the pictures of the pirate room and really began to doubt my decision. The toss-up this time is between POR and a pirate room at CBR. What would you do?

KylesMom
02-02-2009, 09:41 AM
While I agree that the pirate-themed rooms are way cool, they are definitely priced higher than a standard POR room. I guess it all depends on whether the extra $$$ for the room would be a deal-breaker or not - and how much time you actually spend in your room to enjoy the decor.

We had MJ price out the CBR pirate rooms compared to WL standard view, and decided to go with the deluxe accommodations since it wasn't that much more per night - especially since we tend to hang around our resort quite a bit. On the other hand, if the theming of the room would add that much more to your trip, I'd go ahead and upgrade. They really do look cool! :mickey:

elmjimmlm
02-02-2009, 09:55 AM
I have stayed at POR many times I would love to be able to stay in one of the pirate rooms but we are a family of 5 and I don't like to idea of 2 rooms so if it will accommodate your needs then I would do it...

KatMark
02-02-2009, 04:21 PM
We've not stayed at either (we always stay CSR). That being said, I would pick the POR. As two adults, we have no desire to stay in a Nemo or Pirate themed room. It looks as if you are traveling without kids. I think, perhaps as two adults, you would enjoy POR a little more. I think with the new rooms at CBR and the new themed pool that it is going to very crowded. You also don't mention when you are going. I know in February that there will be cheerleaders there and in July there will be a lot of baseball teams there.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
02-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Doesn't sound like you are tied to the CBR but just the pirate themed rooms. That said, if it's just two adults I think, for me anyway, the better choice is POR. I think there is more there for adults to do, such at taking the boat to DTD plus there is POFQ within walking distance.

We tend to not spend as much time at the resorts as we should, so paying extra for a themed room would probably be wasted on us.