PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Commercials Discussion

NotaGeek
02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
So ... my favorites were the Heroes football commercial ... and the Budweiser commercials.

BMan62
02-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Doritos - Crystal Ball was my favorite.

3D commercials were bad - where were you supposed to get the glasses?

Budweiser Clydesdales - a bit on the sappy side.

All over - not a great commercial in the lot.

Altair
02-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Oh my, they killed Jack.
:bus: :party:

I agree, they weren't that great, but I liked the Crystal Ball one also.

d_m_n_n
02-01-2009, 10:23 PM

That one was my favorite as well! DSs died laughing!

***On another note...did anyone notice when The Boss totally wiped out the camera during the half-time? The look on his face was priceless! He did an awesome job performing...from someone who isn't really a huge fan. :thumbsup:

Disneyatic
02-01-2009, 10:32 PM

Budweiser Clydesdales - a bit on the sappy side.

All over - not a great commercial in the lot.

They were handing out 3-D glasses at Walmart last night, they came in/on a sheet with 4 pairs... and I picked some up, actually thinking they were for something else
:secret: Then the lady told us they were for half-time.
It was actually some decent 3-D effects, and we don't even have that great of a TV!! I was surprised.

pianobabe
02-01-2009, 10:46 PM
I have to say I was disappointed in the commercials. I had heard sponsors were cutting back a lot this year (understandably). DS liked the movie trailers the best. If I had to pick one, I would say the Dorito's crystal ball. It is unusal for the game to actually be better than the commercials.:D

brownie
02-01-2009, 10:49 PM
I really liked the Pepsi "I'm Good" commercial.

disneydeb
02-01-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm partial to the Bud's fetch and love commercials!

kakn7294
02-01-2009, 11:12 PM
I loved the Troy Polamalu Coke Zero commercial. Of course, this is coming from a Steelers fan who fondly remembers the original with Mean Joe Greene very well. The Monster.com commercial where the guy had the moose's backside hanging over his desk was good. I also like the Bud Clydesdale commercials even if they are a little hokey. Mostly though, I agree - they weren't really that great.

Mackflava99
02-01-2009, 11:16 PM
Crystal Ball was excellent-
Also the Cheetos and the pigeons
and "where's your butt?
and
I actually liked the one for Career Builder-
"punching a stuffed animal in the face"

On Go Daddys was up to their standard

But overall, nothing mind blowing

DizneyRox
02-01-2009, 11:19 PM
All pretty bad... But G.I. Joe looks INCREDIBLE!

2Epcot
02-02-2009, 12:00 AM
I missed a lot of commercials, but I did like the Bud "fetch" commercial. I also liked the NBC Heros promo ... I guess since NBC isn't spending much on programming they had a lot in the budget for the promo department. Another favorite was the MacGruber Pepsi commerical. I always liked that skit on SNL, I thought it was interesting they made it into a commerical for Pepsi. From what I saw, I didn't think there were a lot of great commercials, but I agree a lot of companies have cut back this year.

sportsguy2315
02-02-2009, 12:30 AM

I don't know either; they had the glasses at the party I was at, and everyone booed once the 3D commercials were over. I have to agree that there wasn't a solid commercial per se. Yeah, the Crystal Ball and the Bud Light budget cuts were funny, but it wasn't their best material.

NJDad
02-02-2009, 05:33 AM
We got the 3D glasses at the regular old grocery store. Didn't ask for em or need to find em, just there at checkout.

Liked the two new etrade talkin' baby ones too. Still funny.

DixieBelle
02-02-2009, 08:19 AM
I really liked the "Forever Young" commercial.
I loved the comparison between the sixties and today. DS has the the lighter for his ipod to hold up at concerts, so that really hit home for us.
Bob Dylan rocks! .... :)

elmjimmlm
02-02-2009, 08:28 AM
I liked the one with Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head where her lips fell off and he couldnt hear her talk...

IamBelle
02-02-2009, 08:43 AM
I liked..
Mr and Mrs Potato Head
Crystal Ball
Doritos-the guy get money and then gets hit by a bus
Career Builder-punching a stuffed animal in the face
the 3d commercials

DizNee143
02-02-2009, 08:49 AM
the commericals this year..pretty much stunk!
nothing is really standing out to me to even remember..hopefully next year will be better..

VWL Mom
02-02-2009, 09:17 AM
I liked "The Crystal Ball" and "Fetch"

For some strange reason, I miss the old Bud Bowl commercials. :D

Ian
02-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I thought overall the commercials were pretty weak.

I did love Crystal Ball, though. That one had me howling.

The 3D commercials were terrible. If their goal was to make me go see those movies they failed, because the 3D effects were pathetic.

I kinda liked the ... uh ... rear-end commercial, too. That was funny!

JPL
02-02-2009, 10:10 AM
I loved the Crystal Ball and the Mr. & Mrs Potato Head.

I didn't even know there was going to be 3D. I was in the supermarket before the game and even ina Walgreens and saw nothing about them.

JanetMegan
02-02-2009, 10:53 AM
While it wasn't my favorite commercial I really did like in the monkey one where the guy said that the monkeys made him their king. Something about that with the thing on his head was really funny to me.

MNNHFLTX
02-02-2009, 11:17 AM
***On another note...did anyone notice when The Boss totally wiped out the camera during the half-time? Lol--it was kind of hard to miss! ;)

My favorite commercials--the Doritos "crystal ball" one, the Clydesdales, and Career Builders "you know it's time for a new job".

I did not like the Castro one with the monkeys (people who know me will understand why).

Overall, I thought it was a bit of a disappointing night for the ads.

Mousefever
02-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I thought the McGruber bit was funny too. I'd seen the McGyver-like skit on SNL before. Of course, for people who've never seen it before, it might not have been as funny.

Amy

Ian
02-02-2009, 02:23 PM
What was the one that kept repeating itself over and over again? With punching the koala bear?

That ad irritated me to no end.

Altair
02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Update on Jack: He is not dead, but is suffering massive head trauma.:(
Second in command is running company.
[edited per TOS]

Stitchahula
02-02-2009, 03:50 PM
I have to go with the clydesdales the one when he fetched that tree looked like the stick my dog carries around. (going by scale size). I did love it when the boss took out the camera man poor guy though. they did look like they were having fun though.

PirateLover
02-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Nobody mentioned the Pixar "UP" commercial yet. This was the only one we made everyone be quiet for.

coloradowendyl
02-02-2009, 06:07 PM
None of the commercials were of the "wow, let's remember that" type to me !

However, the Halftime Show...entirely different story lol!
Best one in many years!

Wendy

JanetMegan
02-03-2009, 09:03 AM
I just remembered when I saw it again this morning but I loved the Nannerpus Denny's commercial-don't forget your free Grand slam today from 6am-2pm.

indytraveler
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
seems like crystal ball doritos is the best one. Found out today that commercial was made for about $2000. A couple of Indiana guys did it.

IloveDisney71
02-03-2009, 05:13 PM
The commercials weren't that great this year. I liked the Heroes football game, Cheetos/pigeons, and the LMAO commercials.
My DH liked the I'm Good commercial.

alphamommy
02-04-2009, 09:54 AM
I thought the Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head commercial was fabulous! I especially liked it when Mrs. Potato Head got out her "angry eyes".

I had mixed emotions about the remake of the Mean Joe Green Coke commercial. The concept was funny, but I still like the classic better.

Overall, they just weren't that great.

Stich8818
02-05-2009, 12:07 PM
1. Mr and Misses Potato Head
2. Doritos Chyrstal Ball
3. Moose
4. Transformers...I cannot wait..
....acutall I have to put a tie in there for G.I Joe