PDA

View Full Version : what would you rather?

dismeag
02-01-2009, 03:57 PM
we are goning back in feb i realy want to know your oppion would you rather a buffet or a sit down dinner this will realy help us a lot :mickey:

sassy2000
02-01-2009, 04:31 PM
It depends on several things. Do you have children with you? Picky eaters? Buffets are usually better for our family simply because of the choices for my small kids and the shorter wait times on getting our food. When it was just my DH and myself, we enjoyed more "sit down & order" places.
That said, there are so many great places to eat at WDW, it is hard to pick only buffets. These are the buffets we enjoy:
Tusker House @ AK
Boma @ AKL
We have many more fave "sit down" places:
Le Chefs de France
Whispering Canyon
Garden Grill
Restaurant Marrakesh
50's Prime Time Cafe
Coral Reef

PrettyMinnie
02-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Definitely depends. With my family we just do the buffet because we all like different foods and the buffets are usually accommodating. Yet if it we re just me I would do sit down, it's more calm and who doesn't like to be waited on?! :minnie:

Septbride2002
02-01-2009, 05:51 PM
I prefer the sit down or the family style dinners because I like to just sit down with everyone at the same time. With buffets someone is always getting up to get food and it is more chaotic.

~Amanda

Crow
02-01-2009, 09:01 PM
sit down more for me

Seasonscraps
02-01-2009, 10:16 PM
I prefer sit down meals.

brownie
02-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Both. We always try to do at least one table service meal every day and one or more buffets on every trip. The buffet is usually a character meal.

KylesMom
02-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Although there are a few "must do" buffets on our ADR schedule (Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace come to mind), we prefer more sit-down or family style restaurants. :mickey:

yourmagicalguide
02-02-2009, 09:55 AM
I usually forgo the buffet restaurants EXCEPT for the Crystal Palace :D I think it's mainly a matter of personal taste and convenience as to which to choose from, but my family and I usually enjoy table service best so we can relax and be waited on :mickey:

DDuck66
02-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Normally I would say sit down meals unless you want to enjoy Character Dining. 1900 Park Fair is one of the best Character Buffets (IMHO), and so is the Crystal Palace even though I am not a big Pooh fan.

Beast_fanatic
02-02-2009, 03:21 PM
I prefer sit-downs for the most part because I'm much better at controlling my portion sizes there. That being said, we haven't eliminated buffets, but we've cut back on how many we do.

beksy
02-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I prefer sit-downs and family style except for one or two character buffets. My feelings tend to be that I do enough walking the rest of the time without walking for my food. :mickey:

JPL
02-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Actually it's more about the food then the actual difference between sit-down and buffet.

For example

I love the food at Boma which is a buffet and a must do for me almost every trip. On the other hand I enjoy eating at Le Cellier which is a sit-down.

So to me the type of restaurant doesn't matter as much as the food.

crltkcagle
02-05-2009, 10:06 AM
sit down at ohana's lol

TinkerbellT421
02-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Actually it's more about the food then the actual difference between sit-down and buffet.

For example

I love the food at Boma which is a buffet and a must do for me almost every trip. On the other hand I enjoy eating at Le Cellier which is a sit-down.

So to me the type of restaurant doesn't matter as much as the food.

Ditto. Its more about food. However I do enjoy sit downs alot more than buffets.

Tygger7
02-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Another consideration is whether or not you'll be using one of the dining plans. If you are, then stay away from the buffets because you'll get more "bang for your buck" eating at sit-down restaurants. On the other hand, if you're pay OOP, then I'd eat at mostly buffets because you can maximize your food dollars.

Personally, we aren't huge buffet fans...in fact, my DH hates them. He just doesn't like that many people touching food that he's going to eat. :D

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-05-2009, 01:12 PM
My family prefers sit down to buffets. The family style at Garden Grill in Epcot is nice. If we do a buffet, we do a character breakfast and that's the only character buffet we do the entire time. And when the younger two were much younger, sit down was easier to keep them with us.

crazygoalie39
02-05-2009, 01:46 PM
For me, sit down any day. I despise buffets.

Hull-onian
02-06-2009, 10:14 AM
:welcome: to Intercot.

It depends on the experience your looking for. We like the sit-down at Boatwrights--very overlooked dining experience--Rainforest Cafe--Liberty Tree Tavern--Kona Cafe--The Wave--Prime Time 50's Cafe-and for the first time we are going to Yak and Yeti.

For buffetts: Cape May Cafe:number1:
Chef Mickey's. We are going to Oktoberfest for the first time ever (have heard good and bad). Haven't tried Tusker House--we switched to Flametree BBQ. Again, it depends what your looking for.