PDA

View Full Version : WARNING - Pricing Changes on WDW Website

kakn7294
02-01-2009, 03:46 PM
I was checking prices for Wilderness Lodge for July 18 - 26 and noticed that the price has gone up $50 per night for a standard view room. At first I was upset that they raised prices then I began to think about this a bit. My first night is regular season - $290 per night. The remaining nights are value season - supposed to be $240 per night. What's happening is that it's pricing my entire room-only stay based on the first night's rate like they used to do in the past. If I drop that first night, the price drops by $50 per night. I don't know if this is a permanent change or just a technical error but it's something for us all to be aware of. I tried to call but was on hold for quite a while so I hung up. I'll try again later and post what I find out.

JPL
02-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Sounds like a technical glitch. I know they have been having lots of problems since they updated the website. This is why I started using Magical Journeys for all my trips that aren't using my DVC points.

mouseketeer mom
02-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah, here's the thing with me. We're coming in March for just 5 nights for my DD's BD. I booked the room only code special for special rates. I have it locked in, 2 nights of our stay are more than the other three, given that they are weekend nights. Now, today I checked on my stay on the website, and plugged in my same dates, just fooling around to see what was still available, and now all 5 nights are the same price! The bigger weekend price!!! Is that a glitch???

Tink1
02-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Disney did a system enhancement this weekend. Things are always a bit screwy afterwards.

After 17 years of dealing with them, I can tell you, this is par for the course.

Wait and let the dust settle, all should correct itself.

Nanc

disneydeb
02-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Let Magical Journeys run it for you and see what they can do.

Good Luck.

kakn7294
02-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Disney did a system enhancement this weekend. Things are always a bit screwy afterwards.

After 17 years of dealing with them, I can tell you, this is par for the course.

Wait and let the dust settle, all should correct itself.

NancYeah, I knew that they did. I just wanted everyone here to know about this because some people could be charged more than they should. That $50 per night difference would add up to $350 for me - a huge deal on my budget.

kakn7294
02-02-2009, 09:10 AM
It appears today that the technical glitch has been fixed. All is well! :thumbsup:

Tink1
02-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Knew it would be! LOL

Any reservations made yesterday that were incorporated into the glitch would self adjust as well

Nanc