PDA

View Full Version : April's quick winter getaway, Feb. 2-6

aprilisis
02-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I haven't posted a trip report in a long time. Those of you who know me know that the past 6 years have been pretty rough for me. This past year started out ok, but the end was tough. We lost power here for a week in December & that was the beginning of the end for my Grandma. We lived next door to her & we were there every day for the past 25 years or so. We miss her dearly. That being said- it has been another challenging year.
I decided that a quick getaway in the middle of winter would help with my winter blues. My significant other, John, needs a vacation desperately. He never treats himself.

Cast: April, 33, (me)
John, 31
Resort: Port Orleans Riverside

We will arrive at 10:23am on Monday February 2nd. I think we'll stop at Winn Dixie for some snacks for the room, then to DtD to pick up my AP. After check-in, we will go to EPCOT. We're pretty much winging it this entire trip with the exception of a few psa's. Thanks for reading my rambling ;-) & I'll post more asap.

mouseketeer mom
02-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Sounds like a much needed trip, and I look forward to reading all about it! Enjoy yourself!

yourmagicalguide
02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
This past year started out ok, but the end was tough. We lost power here for a week in December & that was the beginning of the end for my Grandma. We lived next door to her & we were there every day for the past 25 years or so. We miss her dearly. That being said- it has been another challenging year. I decided that a quick getaway in the middle of winter would help with my winter blues. My significant other, John, needs a vacation desperately. He never treats himself.

I can completely relate with needing a getaway to help my winter blues. My husband and I weren't even going to think about taking a trip until later this year, but when we saw the promo for stay 4 nights get 3 nights free, we couldn't pass it up :mickey: We need to get away!

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I'm sure this is a very sorrowful time for you and yours - especially in the dreary winter months. I hope this trip will help brighten your spirits and bring back the happy memories you had with her :) All the best to you, and I'll look forward to reading your trip report.

pdrlkr
02-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
02-03-2009, 10:01 AM
i hope you guys have the most wonderful time ever!! seems you guys definetly deserve it!! :mickey:

sleepingbooty
02-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Can't wait to hear your report - hope you're having a good time!

tinkerbell04
02-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Hope this trip brightens your spirits a little bit! I am looking forward to hearing more about it soon!

FenwayGirl
02-05-2009, 04:40 PM
I can totally relate. I live only a few miles for Worcester...and this has got to have been the worst winter. We spent the blizzard Dec 18th through the 20th at UMass Worcester as my father too passed away!
We are planning a a 6 day, sister only, trip in May...much needed.

Hope you enjoyed your early Feb trip

dtootsie42
02-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Looking forward to reading your report when you get back home. I hope that you are enjoying your time at the World and that you have many magical moments. :mickey:

vizsla
02-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
02-20-2009, 07:07 PM
I can totally relate to the need to get away this winter! Hope this is a happy and healing trip for you!