PDA

View Full Version : WDW Weather Forecast - February 27-March 15, 2009

Strmchsr
02-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Each day in February, I'll update this first post with the forecast, both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Updated Friday pm, February 27, 2009
Today and tomorrow look pretty nice with a high around 77 today then near 81 tomorrow. However, a pretty strong system is moving eastward and some showers and thunderstorms could arrive tomorrow evening, lasting through Sunday morning and early afternoon. Some could be strong to severe so keep an ear out on the weather. The high Sunday will probably be around 60, though it could be a little higher depending on when the front arrives. On Monday look for a high of 61-63 and very blustery though the sun returns. The low will be around 40. Tuesday warms to 65-67 for a high and a low of 42-44. Wednesday and Thursday remain clear with highs 72-74 and lows around 50. Friday continues the warming trend with a high 77-79 and a low 54-56.

Long range...March 7-10 the ridge stays firmly in place with highs approaching 80 and lows in the upper 50s. The next system, on this afternoon's model runs, looks to be on March 11, though it's waffling in that March 9-11 range from run to run. It doesn't look like a big rainmaker though. Look for the high back into the mid 70s on March 11, then down to around 70 for March 12-13 before warming back into the mid to upper 70s for March 14-15. We're still looking at a pretty powerful Gulf low moving over FL around March 15 which could bring a could bit of rain if it pans out.

Travel Impact :plane: :truck: :drive:
At 1:00 pm CST, Newark and La Guardia are at 2 1/2 hour delays, while JFK and Atlanta are at 1 hour. Tomorrow's slight risk of severe weather covers AL, GA, SC and FL (including Orlando), though FL will be more in the evening. Delays will also be possible across MS, TN, and NC.

Itchy
02-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Got a couple of quick questions.

1. We will be at DW the 8th thru 13th. from what I get from your forcast it should be warm day and night. Does that mean the temps will be 50+ in the evening?

2. The 12th NASA has a shuttle launch scheduled for around 7:30am
what do you think is the probability of being able to see the launch from DW or being launched at all?

Strmchsr
02-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah, right now it looks like temps should stay in the 50+ range for lows during your trip. Obviously things could change in the long range if one of these fronts manages to break through the ridge, but for now it looks like the ridge will be strong enough to keep the highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

As for the shuttle, you can definitely see it from WDW and right now it looks like the weather will be fine for the morning launch. Fog could be a problem, but for now it looks like clear skies.

bxrluv
02-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Chris. We're leaving the parks on the 15th for the 4night bahamas cruise. Anything you can tell me about what we're in for would be appreciated (I think) I may not want to know. Thanks!:mickey:

Strmchsr
02-05-2009, 04:00 PM
It looks like you may have rain chances on the 15th and 19th, but this is pure voodoo right now. Long range is really hard to tell, especially when talking about the Bahamas. Will the ridge hold up or break down? It'll be a few days before I can really tell, so ask me again then. Looks like temps shouldn't be too bad for you, though, with highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s.

bxrluv
02-06-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm going to appreciate that forecast, voodoo or not! Thanks!:thumbsup:

thumperbug
02-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed that all troughs, fronts, rain, hail, sleep, frogs, locusts etc will steer clear of WDW from the 15-21.

I have my rain gear packed and am ready...but I have confidence that the weather gods will be good to me. :mickey:

bxrluv
02-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed that all troughs, fronts, rain, hail, sleep, frogs, locusts etc will steer clear of WDW from the 15-21.

I have my rain gear packed and am ready...but I have confidence that the weather gods will be good to me. :mickey:

I can deal with all those things on 10 out of 11 days! I'm just praying for that one perfect day for Castaway Cay:vacation: Not that the other days being perfect wouldn't be great too!

Better than -3 Have fun:mickey:

Hayden's Dad
02-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks Chris,
We are going next week the 26-2 and it sounds like it will be nice. Just keep it that way. :D:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
02-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks Chris,
We are going next week the 26-2 and it sounds like it will be nice. Just keep it that way. :D:thumbsup:

I'll do my best, but you know the rules - I'm just in public relations not management. :D

brewcrew26
02-17-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm just hoping it stays dry for the Princess Half Marathon and Royal Family 5k on March 6-7. I don't want to run in rain!

dream6
02-19-2009, 09:05 PM
I'll be there the 3rd to the 10th and keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather! I am disappointed though that we will be missing the shuttle launch. That should be really neat to see!

mouseketeer mom
02-24-2009, 04:28 PM
I was sooo excited to read your update today! We are there the 6th thru 11th and its sounds terrific and warm! Right now its so very cold in NJ!! Thank you!