PDA

View Full Version : Please help with packing

mouseketeer mom
02-01-2009, 11:45 AM
OK..we've been in August, Sept, November, January, February and May. Never March!!!
I know I packed all wrong for our Jan/Feb trip. It was freezing!! I know I don't want to pack wrong again, and I am trying to keep packing light. We are there the second week of March.
Shorts? Tanks? Jeans? HELP!

Wishmaker
02-01-2009, 12:10 PM
So many things depends on what your personal feelings are on what is cold and what is hot. My first suggestion is to go on to info centeral and look at the historical temps for that time year for at least the past three years. I have never been in March, but I have in April. It was perfect during the day we wore capris and T-shirts. However the evening parades and stuff we definately needed a fleece or pullover.

queen bee
02-01-2009, 12:21 PM
We enjoy our March trips sinced the days are normally warm and the evenings comfortable. We will be there again beginning on the 14th at the AKL.
Shorts and T's are the norm with a priviso for a little rain. The only time where you might need a sweater is if you stay for the fireworks/light shows in the evening. It has been our experience that sitting at night can get a little cool.
This is our opinion but obviously I would expect a Florida "native" to have more relevant information.
I should also say that coming from the north east coast we have a bit higher tolerance for the cool.
Have a great trip!!!
:rocks::rocks:

tink179
02-01-2009, 01:24 PM
we just came back from disney last week and it was wonderful when we were there! Only a few cool days.50 and then 60, but then it was upper 70's and low 80's the rest of the time. I would think you'd be able to leave the sweatshirts at home!! :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
02-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Lisa,

March weather in Florida is much like the weather here in Louisiana. Even in March we can still have some cool fronts come through. I would suggest packing shorts, capri and even a few pairs of jeans for each of you. I think tshrits would be a safe bet along with a hoodie for those cool mornings and nights. Check the weather before you go to see if they are expecting any unusual temps. That's the one thing I hate about vacationing in Florida, it seems that almost anytime of the year, except for summer, you've gotta pack a bit of everything.

PrettyMinnie
02-01-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure about weather in March, but your thread got me so excited. I love packing for a trip to WDW! Unfortunately I still have a few months to go...:minnie:

MNNHFLTX
02-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Having lived in Central Florida for many years before moving to Houston, I can say that although the temps are generally warmer in March (highs in the 70's generally), it can still get very chilly at night sometimes. I would suggest mostly warm weather clothing, but make sure and bring a pair (or two) of pants and a jacket or sweatshirt.

LarryBoy
02-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Like others have said, it can still get quite cool in March especially early and late or if it rains. The best plan is to dress in layers. Have a light jacket and also perhaps a sweatshirt you can throw on over anything. The weather this time of year can be very unpredictable, so just be prepared.

thumperbug
02-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I think you are going to have to wait until a week before your trip to check the weather before packing. As a previous poster stated, your idea of hot is going to vary from someone elses.

I am also from the north and to me, even if it is 50 in Florida its warm.

We leave in 10 days for our trip but knowing the weather can be in the 50's one week and then the 70's the next...we are waiting a few more days to pack clothes to see what the forcast will be.

Right now 10 day shows rain and 70's the day before we get there but we all know weather is unpredicitable and changes constantly.

Regardless of the weather...ITS DISNEY!!!

yourmagicalguide
02-05-2009, 02:07 PM
That's the one thing I hate about vacationing in Florida, it seems that almost anytime of the year, except for summer, you've gotta pack a bit of everything.

I completely agree with packing a little bit of everything. My suitcase is mainly packed with short-sleeved shirts and shorts, but I always bring a couple pairs of pants, a light jacket for rain, and a hoodie for the cool evenings :fworks:

My family actually prefers traveling to WDW in March because the days are usually in the upper 70s and the evenings are usually no lower than 50s. When you're coming from 30-degree temperatures in March, like me, temps in the 50s feel like summer! :D

Coming from Indiana as it is, I always need to have warmer clothes to travel back home in anyway. I'll be lucky if the snow's gone by the time I get back on March 14 :ack:

PETE FROM NYC
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
We have done about 10 trips 2nd or 3rd week of March.We have had temperatures from 38 up to 80s.I think most day temps will be 60s-70s.I live in jeans and t-shirts with an un-buttoned flannel shirt while I am there.Button up if its chilly,remove it when too warm.I also have a light weight jacket that I will carry if the forecast requires it.