PDA

View Full Version : A borrowing points senario.

PrincessASquared
01-31-2009, 03:08 PM
I recently booked a trip from Dec 1- Dec 6 2009. We will be staying at our home resort (SSR) in a two bedroom. The point total is 189 points. We had to borrow 21 points from 2010 to make it happen. If I wanted to change resorts to the AKV at the seven month mark, it would be 152 points if we stayed in the "value" section of the resort. Would my borrowed 2010 points be restored to 2009, or would I lose them? I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Ian
01-31-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm actually not sure what would happen in that scenario. I would assume your borrowed points would revert back to your 2010 use year, but ... you'd better check with Member Services before you do anything.

DizneyRox
01-31-2009, 03:23 PM
No, those 21 points are now 2009 points and cannot go back. If you don't need them you will lose them.

I believe what will happen though, is you will use them for your stay, and you will have some 2009 points unused. You can back those provided you are able to get the AKLV within a month. After 8 months, you won't be able to bank anymore points, so if you need to waitlist (I assume you will need to) you will probably not be able to do anything with those points, except forfeit them.

This is one of the reasons behind owning where you want to stay.

BTW - Chances of getting into the "value" rooms is slim to none. If the AKLV point count is more, you may end up having to borrow more, again, IF the room even comes through.

FiggyFan
01-31-2009, 09:15 PM
As DisneyRox says, the 21 points you borrowed cannot be moved back into 2010.

What you can do (assuming you meet the banking deadline) is make sure they use the borrowed points as part of your AKV reservation, and bank the 2009 use year points that are freed up by the lower reservation cost. You need to check your use year and banking deadline to see if this will work.

DizneyRox
01-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Aye, I forget about the use year possibly being different than the reservation date. So yeah, you have 8 months from your use year month to bank the 2009 points. So, if you have say a Feb Use Year, you have until September to bank points. Using a Feb Use Year, if your stay is in August, great, if it's in November, then you're in trouble if you have extra points.