PDA

View Full Version : My absolute favorite resort is _______ because....

beachezncream
01-31-2009, 11:45 AM
My absolute absoluteeee favorite is BC :thumbsup: because of the convenience, but also its atmosphere.

I love being able to hop into epcot :cool: and ending up in the countries, which is my favorite part!

I also love the resort itself because it feels like home after all of these years... and I love to get my gelato :cool: and Art Lark, the greeter has become our friend.

alilprincessmom99
01-31-2009, 12:10 PM
My absolute favorite resort is AKL because of the atmosphere and the view from the Savannah view rooms. We normally stay at AKL because on one of our visits our room at ASMo was horribly dirty and smelled like, well I won't say what. Anyhow, when we called to complain, they upgraded us to AKL!!( I know, quite a stretch huh?) Anyhow, since that day, my DH NEVER wants to stay anywhere else! Unfortunately, on our last visit, SSR was the only resort available and we had to stay there. And, on our next visit, we are staying much longer than we normally do, so POP was really our only option. But, I said all of that to say this, AKL truly feels like our "home" at WDW simply because of the ambiance of the whole resort.

joanna71985
01-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Currently my favorite is AKL. It is such a beautiful resort! I loved sitting on my balcony and watching the animals.

I do hope to stay at YC though (that pool looks awsome!).

Wrigley
01-31-2009, 01:26 PM
My favorite resort is WL. Ever since I stepped into that magnificent lobby, I have been hooked! I love the relaxed feel of the resort, and it's just absolutely beautiful. I love everything about this resort. :mickey:

Ian
01-31-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm going to project into the future and say ...

My favorite resort is Bay Lake Tower, because I can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from my balcony every night.

amd780
01-31-2009, 03:41 PM
This is a tricky one for me. I love WL because it's so peaceful and beautiful - but I love POR for the same reasons, and also because DH and I stayed there in a Mansion room on our first trip together in 2007. :mickey:

disneyboundagain
01-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Our favorite resort is the Contemporary, for several reasons. Entirely because of the location. We spend the most time in MK, and being able to walk and not have to deal with parking/buses is great. We only take the Monorail if we are really tired or are in a hurry. Ever since we were given a free upgrade to MK view, that's all we book now. Laying in bed and listening to the sounds of MK and watching the fireworks is completely worth the extra cost, at least in our opinion.

A close second would be Poly. The rooms and the scenery are much nicer than CR, but the location means more to us.

Luv Eeyore
01-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Beach Club - can't beat the location (gotta pop in to Epcot to get pastries in France), the pool (best in the World), and walking the Boardwalk at night.

mouseketeer mom
02-01-2009, 09:20 AM
The Polynesian. It is our home away from home. We've been lucky enough to have the same room for the past 4 visits too!! Its the location, the plants, the flowers, the smells, the trees,the beach, the views, the food, the everything. The vibe of the place fits us perfectly.

Cheloconnell
02-01-2009, 09:29 AM
This one is difficult to answer. My tops are:
AKL
Contemporary
Polynesian
WL
CSR
POFQ

We are trying Boardwalk and OKW in two weeks. I really want to get to BC as well to try it out. As you can see I like most, but will never step foot near an All Star again!!

yjgirl32
02-01-2009, 09:31 AM
My absolute favorite resort is AKL- even tho I haven't gotten the opportunity to stay there yet. I love animals and so does my ds5 so i know this would hands down be my favorite resort. Some day......

disneyworld55925592
02-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Swan and Dolphin, (not techniqually disney but close enough) The location is great! Its similar to BC and YC or Boardwalk accept its a bit cheaper because its just around the corner. We love walking into the back of Epcot at night and eating around the world, its our favorite part of a disney vacation!

TinkerbellT421
02-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I would have to say at this point Boardwalk...Granted its the only DVC resort I have stayed at so far (this was my first DVC stay)...But in the future that may change. I really like being so close to EPCOT though thats my favorite park :mickey:

iluvdumbo
02-01-2009, 11:38 AM
my mom and i really enjoyed POR. It is so relexing not like some other resorts that we stayed at like PC with screaming babies or CBR with the foodcourt being so far away from the rooms. :mickey:

grumpydude
02-01-2009, 12:24 PM
:cool:My favotite is CBR. It was our first place we stayed at in 1999.

Septbride2002
02-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Ours is the Boardwalk for the following:

1. The music they play when you are walking along the Boardwald. Whenever I hear "Rhapsody in Blue" I instantly relax.

2. The shops and stores along the Boardwalk.

3. Backdoor entrance to Epcot - I love walking right into England to the left and France to the right. Not to mention the lack of crowd when leaving at the end of the night.

4. Walking distance to Disney Studios

~Amanda

Mousemates
02-01-2009, 04:57 PM
My faves are as follows (with primary reason mentioned).

1. Contemporary - location and nostalgia (was where I stayed during my first trip with my grandparents back in the mid 70s).

2. AKL- my favorite resort to actually be at...love being able to look out the room window or sit on the balcony and see giraffe, love the lobby, love the restaurants.

3. The Swan...convenience to Epcot, MGM and the boardwalk, love the views of the big fish on the dolphin (not sure why, I just do), the best beds in WDW.

4. The Cabin at FW---love the extra room and the relaxed feel of the place....almost seemed to relaxing for a WDW vacation.

PrettyMinnie
02-01-2009, 05:06 PM
BC all the way!! Can't wait to be back home! :minnie:

KatMark
02-01-2009, 07:19 PM
The Coronado is by far our favorite (we've stayed at the Coronado, All-Star Sports, Poly and CR). There is only one other resort we want to try and that is the AKL (savannah view). We love that the resort is spread out because it never seems crowded or loud. We love the "deluxe" feel at a moderate price. We can't wait to see the new rehabbed rooms on our eighth visit in September. We love that the resort has three quiet pools, the largest hot tub, great drinks at the pool bar, a fitness center/spa, etc. We've had 7 perfect visits and see no reason to mess with success.

Crow
02-01-2009, 09:12 PM
WL cause of the atmosphere, AP, boats to MK....
POFQ/CSR atmosphere, cheaper than the deluxes, diff type food court at CSR, boat at FQ to DD
POP....some rememberances of past decades, cheaper than other resorts.

Aurora
02-02-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm reprinting my post from a prior thread. I have several favorite resorts, but No. 1 on my list is the Polynesian.

My top 10 reasons, in no particular order:

1. The tropical world atmosphere. I've been to Hawaii, and they have the feel totally right. Lush plants, waterfalls, music, hula dancers, a magical torch-lighting ceremony.

2. The proximity to the Magic Kingdom. You can see the castle, hear the boats, even hear the music of castle performances drift over the lagoon to the Poly beach. (A BIG PLUS FOR YOU: You'll hear the Haunted Mansion music over the lagoon on nights they have Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!!)

3. The volcano pool. Poolside bar, zero-depth entry and one of the best pool slides on property -- better than Wilderness Lodge, IMHO. You can watch the MK fireworks while swimming in the pool and you can listen to the fireworks music under the water cause they have speakers below the surface.

4. The monorail. Yes, you can catch the monorail from the Poly's Great Ceremonial House (the lobby) to the Magic Kingdom, the Ticket and Transportation Center, the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian. But one of the Poly's best kept secrets is that it is the ONLY resort on Disney property where you can also get a monorail direct to Epcot by WALKING through the resort directly to the Ticket and Transportation Center, which is adjacent to the last longhouse at the Poly. And by adjacent I mean right next door.

5. The room sizes. The Poly has the largest standard, non-Vacation Club rooms on property.

6. The shops. I absolutely love all the souvenir and sundries shops here.

7. The Electrical Water Pageant. A bit dated but still entertaining little "parade" on the lagoon of lighted figures with music at night.

8. The luau. You have to do it once.

9. 'Ohana. Great all-you-can-eat dinner on skewers and a wonderful character breakfast.

10. The marina. Besides the fact that it's gorgeous, you can rent canoes, canopy boats, pontoon boats, sailboats or Sea Raycers here.

I have only a couple of cons for the Poly -- the high price tag and the fact that balconies do not come with every room (this was very disappointing for a friend of mine who stayed there last year -- make sure you request one if this is important to you).

But you can see why the price is so high -- the amenities and perks are fabulous.

ibrowse17
02-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Mine would be FW as it was the first place I ever stayed at Disney. We love the atmosphere, the friendly fellow campers, the boats, have a golf cart, the campfire movie and about a dozen other things. It is also our favorite place during Christmas because of the way the campers decorate their sites. Just incredible! FW is my Disney "home", and is filled with the memories of many family trips:thumbsup:

leighe
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
I love the Beach Club! I love the theming, atmosphere, and the pool - plus the location just can't be beat. Our girls are 3 and 18 months, so it's monorail resorts for us for a while but as soon as they are old enough we are heading straight for BC!

RocknBev
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
WL-can't beat the atmosphere the minute you walk into the lobby! The only thing that would make it better would be if they would put a monorail track near by!

c&d
02-02-2009, 02:59 PM
WL, we also own at the villas. It feels like I'm no longer in FL that I've been transported to the west with all the pine trees. I love the quite pool with its "hot springs," Artist Point and Whispering Canyon are both must eats on our trips down. I enjoy the walk along the exercise path at dusk watching all the animals eat and the boat ride to MK.

kemps@wdw
02-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Our home-away-from-home is WL. We love everything about it. The peaceful atmosphere, the smells, the soothing music. And it seems that of all the resorts we've stayed at, we spend less time on transportation @ WL. However, now that DD is older, and DH and I really like Epcot more than the other parks. we are considering the Boardwalk area this year, but $ is a real consideration for us! (especially now) So...we'll have to see!

Stickey
02-04-2009, 12:50 PM
AKL is our favorite. :number1:
It is an awesome experience to watch the animals from your balcony. The resort has exceptional theming. The restaurant options are great- Jiko, Boma, and Mara. Also, the gift shop is one of the best at WDW.

thumperbug
02-05-2009, 12:39 PM
First choice is WL for its atmosphere, proximity to MK and lake location.

Second choices would be BC and BW due to how close it is to Epcot.

I did enjoy CBR and SSR. Enjoyed GF for monorail ease.

Would love to try AKL

pamickeys
02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
YC ! the pool can't be beat, but we'll find out about Comtemporary in May. want to rent the speed boats EVERYDAY!

TheVBs
02-05-2009, 07:25 PM
We've only ever stayed at the ASMu for two reasons. First, when my DH finds a comfort zone it's very difficult to move him out of it. Second, with little ones, it's difficult to justify the extra cost. And, I guess there's a third, we're on the go almost all the time and are only at the hotel to sleep or take an afternoon break at the pool. We do get back early enough in the evening to enjoy the pool before bed. The last time we stayed, there were poolside dance parties every night. It was great! Anyone know if they're still doing that?

But, I would really, really like to try another property next time. Top on my list would be AKL, followed by WL.

GoofyMom09
02-06-2009, 08:38 PM
WL because my husband and I got married there!

joonyer
02-07-2009, 01:40 AM
WL for us, we love the rustic western atmosphere and the location close to MK. I also love the Polynesian, I just can't afford to actually stay there.

jakeybake
02-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Have stayed, in order:

Caribbean Beach (Honeymoon 1st Week)
Grand Floridian (Honeymoon 2nd Week)
Dixie Landings
All Star Music
Dixie Landings
Port Orleans Riverside
Wilderness Lodge
Grand Floridian
Beach Club
Yacht Club
Yacht Club

Favorite: Hands down the Beach Club. Location, pool, dining options, atmosphere, staff and Cape May Cafe each morning!!

Second Place: Yacht Club. Almost identical to the Beach Club but we prefer the staff and atmosphere of the Beach to the Yacht.

Third Place: Grand Floridian: Love the elegance, convenience and dining options. Most of all though it holds a special place in our hearts because we stayed there for the second week of our honeymoon back in 1991 (God that sounds like a long time ago!!)

Jay

disneygirl87
02-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey all. This is my first post on here! :)

My absolute favorite resort is the Boardwalk. My family is a part of the Vacation Club and this is our home resort. I just love being so close to Epcot and Disney Studios--those are our 2 favorite parks. We always get a boardwalk view, which is awesome because you can watch Illuminations from your balcony and you can hear the music as well. It's truly like being in Epcot watching the fireworks without the stress of being in the park and fighting your way out after the fireworks end. I also love that BW, BC, and YC have their own entrance to the park, it's so convenient come the end of the day. I also love the nightlife on the boardwalk--all the sideshows and games--it really makes you feel like you're on boardwalk back in their heyday. If you've never stayed there before, I would totally recommend it. It's an experience you'll never forget! :mickey:

ibrowse17
02-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Welcome to Intercot:thumbsup: