PDA

View Full Version : I need some table service ADR help!

wwebber
01-31-2009, 11:11 AM
My boyfriend and I are going to Disney in September and I've been trying to figure out where I want to make ADRs. Let me give you some background... I haven't been to Disney World since I was 10 (I'm 22 now) and my boyfriend has never been to Disney World. He has been to Disneyland and Euro Disney but never the World!I am a pretty picky eater... I don't really like fancy foods :) We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and plan on spending at least one full day at each park and at Downtown Disney. I was thinking about doing Chef Mickey's for a breakfast, the Spirit of Aloha Luau dinner, and I think I want to do one of the Fantasmic dinner packages - I was thinking Mama Melrose. I was also considering Whispering Canyon for a dinner.

I have enough dining credits for us to eat at two more table service restaurants as well, but I have no idea what! I want to do dinners and I don't want to do anymore character dining or signature restaurants because I don't want to have to use both credits on one sitting.

I think the T-Rex restaurant in Downtown Disney would be cool but I know as of now it's not on the dining plan. Anyone know if it will be added on to the dining plan eventually? Is it worth paying out of pocket for?

Any further suggestions on anything I should change or check out is much appreciated! I need all the help I can get! :thumbsup:

why4k
01-31-2009, 11:53 AM
The two adrs I would add are Boma at AKL and Le Cellier at Epcot. We really enjoyed both places last September.

Going2HeavenRU
01-31-2009, 02:17 PM
We loved the Garden Grill at EPCOT next to the Land exhibit. The food is fresh, all you can eat and really wonderful. Plus you get to see Mickey in a farmers outfit and you can see part of the Land ride.

The good part of this meal, even though it is a character dinner, you only have to use 1 credit.

sassy2000
01-31-2009, 05:18 PM
I would agree on Le Chefs de France and Boma but if you are real picky you may not enjoy the selection at Boma. Ohana may be a good option for you. Since you are staying @ WL, you should definitely do Whispering Canyon. The canyon skillet is delicious.:mickey:

Luv Eeyore
01-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Try the clam bake dinner at the Beach Club. It's a buffet and our family's favorite. My DS and I are also picky eaters but we love this place. After dinner, walking around the Boardwalk (on the other side of the lake fom the Beach Club, but connected by bridge) makes for a wonderful evening.

Cinderelley
02-01-2009, 05:18 AM
What type of food do you like?

wwebber
02-01-2009, 12:39 PM
thanks for everyone's great suggestions! i'll be looking into all of these!!

as for the type of food i like, i'm simple - burgers, pizza, chicken, spaghetti, etc. no ethnic foods (probably rules out most things at animal kingdom), no barbeque. basically all-american foods! :)

can anyone comment on the fantasmic dinner package at mama melrose's? is that an ok restaurant or is one of the other ones better? is that show worth seeing, and is it worth getting the dinner package with it? i've read mixed reviews

grumpydude
02-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Whipering Canyon is awesome. So much food!! Chef Mickeys is more kid oriented in my opinion. Also Ohanas is good too::beer:

Cinderelley
02-02-2009, 07:10 AM
thanks for everyone's great suggestions! i'll be looking into all of these!!

as for the type of food i like, i'm simple - burgers, pizza, chicken, spaghetti, etc. no ethnic foods (probably rules out most things at animal kingdom), no barbeque. basically all-american foods! :)

can anyone comment on the fantasmic dinner package at mama melrose's? is that an ok restaurant or is one of the other ones better? is that show worth seeing, and is it worth getting the dinner package with it? i've read mixed reviews

I really enjoy doing the dinner package. We like Mama Melrose, and my picky friend liked the food there too. There was a restaurant that she didn't see anything she liked (I don't remember which one.), but she asked for something that wasn't on the menu and they brought it for her.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-02-2009, 07:32 AM
We just got back from WDW.
Our two favorites were 50's Prime Time Cafe at DHS and Coral Reef at Epcot.

RedSoxFan
02-02-2009, 01:39 PM
We've eaten twice at Mama Melrose. I love it there and they have great food.

Belster
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
My family and I love Chef de France... but if you are a picky eater and like all American you may like Sci-Fi Dine In..we also love Coral Reef.

DisneyGlutton
02-02-2009, 01:57 PM
If you're a picky eater and just want to stick with more American dishes, then try Le Cellier at the Canadian Pavillion, lol, its got pretty standard, but very excellent, choices. Also try Coral Reef, as it has decent "normal" food that you eat looking at a huge fish tank. Where else can you get that? Kona Cafe at Polynesian might also be an option or maybe the Wave (though I can't vouch for the later).

RocknBev
02-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I just went to WDW with 16 and quite a few picky eaters.....I would definitely recommend Le Cellier!!!
You would also like Sci Fi but MM is a good choice at DHS as well.