PDA

View Full Version : January 28th at Disney

nickv1025
01-31-2009, 10:19 AM
Well, this year we only went to Disney one day ( :ack: ). Many reasons contributed to this (including the fact we were only down there four days).

Anyways, we started at MK at opening. Hopped on the railroad and rode over to Frontierland. Rode Thunder Mountain twice. There was no wait for either ride. We simply had to wait for the train to unload and for the little electronic gates to swing open.

Nobody wanted to "get wet so early in the morning with me" so we skipped Splash this year (as if we haven't done it a bagillion times already anyways). We went to Pirates (no wait) and let me tell you, we couldn't have had more privacy in Adventureland if we had owned the place.

Next we went over to Tomorrowland which was MUCH busier than Adventureland (and also busier than normal in January). Space Mountain had about a five minute wait (and it actually took five minutes to get on the ride). When we rode the TTA, we looked down and saw that the line had gotten smaller for SM and we probably could have gone on again but didn't.

On to AK. Dinosaur said 20 minutes, but it was the shortest line I have ever seen for that ride. 5 minutes, if that. (By now, it's noon time) Went over to Everest and MY GOD, I can't imagine what that must be like during the summer. It was ALMOST shoulder to shoulder and it had a 50 minute wait. We fastpassed it (which was for 1:30)

Is it just me or is it always hotter in AK?

While we were waiting, we went and watched Flights of Wonder, which is fantastic for bird-lovers or bird-could-care-lessers. Go see it. Then we ate at Yak and Yeti which gave good quantity for $9 (better than Universal).

After riding Everest, we ran over to Epcot. Soarin' had an hour wait (in January!?) so we fastpassed it. Fastpassed were for 6 o clock. At this time, it was 2. Four hours?!? Anyways, we decided just to wait in line. It took 60 minutes. Don't think the wait time will be exaggerated. What a weird queue line (first time riding; January 06, wait time was 120 min, we didn't bother).

SE is interesting and has finally changed after all those years. Although I liked the return trip backwards BETTER before.

Mexico was Mexico. Dinner across from the pyramid was good and again, good quantity for $9.

We got in line for Maelstrom and were told there were difficulties. The line built up to out the door, so we left. Got in line for TT (said 20 minutes, but there was nobody in line). When in line, said difficulties; we ended up waiting probably 20 minutes anyways.) Then the ride broke down in the hotroom. Go figure, we ride it ONCE this year, it breaks down. (In '05, we rode in 18 times in one day, and it only broke down once).

So that's about it. I was impressed with the food quantity compared to the food I got at Islands Of Adventure. I was impressed with the changes they had made to some rides (Pirates, Mexico, SE).

And I can't wait to go back again.

mouseketeer mom
01-31-2009, 10:39 AM
You did alot in one day! Thanks for reporting!

dtootsie42
01-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow, I'm amazed at how much you did in one day. I'm tired after reading your report:) Thanks for sharing.

DixieBelle
01-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Nice report. :thumbsup:
How I wish I was down in Florida instead of here where the temp is 30 degrees. :(

nickv1025
01-31-2009, 05:22 PM
After doing this, I must say that it is MUCH more fun to spend the extra money and take days to do Disney.

Sure, you can buy a 1-day hopper and get all the essential rides in all four parks done.

But it just doesn't feel right.

Trust me: spend the extra money, take your time. It's worth every penny.

pdrlkr
02-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yourmagicalguide
02-02-2009, 11:22 AM

It ALWAYS feels hotter at AK to me than at any other park! I'm not sure why this is, and I always try to go on days where it's cooler, but it never seems to matter. I also tend to get sunburnt at AK easier, too. Must just be from being out in the sun more than at the other parks. I'm definitely taking sunscreen INTO the park this year and taking more breaks in the air conditioned gift shops :fan:

I can't believe how much you did in one day! I can't imagine doing everything you did, but it sounds like you had an ejoyable time. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

BklynChick
02-06-2009, 10:56 PM

No, it's not just you. I did Las Vegas in 104 degree heat and didn't have nearly the problems I had at AK last trip. I kept having to duck into the restrooms to run cool water on my wrists.

Wow, I can't believe you fit so much into one day! Sounds like you had a great time.

faline
02-20-2009, 06:47 PM
What a lot you did in one day! One day in Disney is certainly better than NO days in Disney! Thanks for the report!