PDA

View Full Version : 2 Day Semi Reunion

DisneyEpcotDad
01-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Youngest son planned a get together for his mom, oldest brother and wife, me and him for last week in January. Great timing as while we were all at DW, we got hit with a foot of snow back home in Indiana. I only ventured down for two days. POFQ was my resort and the accommodations were fine and I was able to check in after DME ride from airport. I bought a 2 day park hopper pass. Got a chance to see the Stunt show at HS. I also saw a preview show of American Idol. The talent was descent. Nice stage. We ate at CB Old Port Royale for dinner then ventured over to MK for awhile where we all went our separate ways. I was able to do Pirates and Haunted Mansion in between Wishes. Took a few photographs and then retired for the evening. I went back to HS my second day just as the park opened and was able to walk onto Toy Story and ride it within 20 minutes. TS is still very popular. Either get a Fastpass or ride it when the park opens in the morning. I spent the afternoon at Epcot and treated everyone to dinner at Boma's and then closed out my night at Epcot for Illuminations. Got a 4:40 a.m. bus to airport the next morning. I was surprised at how many other people were headed back early as the bus was almost full. Flight back to Indy was filled with turbulence as we descended to the frozen snow covered land scape. But, the two days away from the winter weather was great. Now begins my 2 year siesta from visiting DW. I'm looking forward to see what will have changed in 2 years.

mouseketeer mom
01-31-2009, 08:35 AM
What a terrific break! Sometimes even being away 2 days makes all the difference. Thanks for the report!

yjgirl32
01-31-2009, 06:26 PM
What a great getaway. I would love to do that once in a while. Thanks for the report.

nickv1025
01-31-2009, 09:03 PM
It's important to get even that small Disney fix every once in a while.

Glad you had a good time. :mickey:

pdrlkr
02-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yourmagicalguide
02-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm also in Indiana, so I can imagine how great it felt to get away from this weather for a couple days :freeze: to :vacation:

March isn't going to get here soon enough for my trip to the sunshine state!

Your trip sounded very nice and relaxing. Thanks for the tip for TSM! That's a ride DH and I definitely want to get on :D

Thanks for sharing :mickey:

RedSoxFan
02-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Sounds like you had a nice getaway from the winter snow.:mickey:

sleepingbooty
02-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Wow, a foot of snow - great time for a WDW getaway! Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

faline
02-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Sounds like just the mid-winter escape you needed!

grumpydude
03-09-2009, 10:48 PM
2 years away is waaaaaaay too long.