PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness lodge Question - Laundry

Mackflava99
01-30-2009, 03:29 PM
My boss is going to the Wilderness lodge next week- she is wondering if there is a laundry facility there (she wont be in the villas)

I am pretty sure they dont have an in room laundry service, but Does anyone know if they have a public laundry room?

Thanks

poohspal
01-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi,

Yes, there is a public, coin-operated laundry room on the main floor. We used it on the last trip, and it was not too crowded.

We will be there Feb 17-24 - can't wait!

Hope they have a good time

Liz

dmosher
01-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Yes, they have them and they are not usually crowded at all. Gere is a link to a very large map of the lodge. Not sure it will help but it shows where the laundry services are so she can plan her room #s accordingly.
Lodge Map (http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/wildernesslodge.gif)
:pipes:
D

BeccaO
01-30-2009, 05:04 PM
They also do have in-room laundry service, I just happened to pull the list out that was hanging in the closet with a plastic "laundry" bag because I was curious. It was $2 to have a pair of undies laundered!!!!! Not that I would send my undies for someone else to wash, but holy moly!!!! I guess if your desperate it's an option. I think the laundry room is on the main floor down by roaring foarks if I'm not mistaken, we were just there a couple weeks ago and I looked it up to see where it was.

TheRustyScupper
01-30-2009, 07:15 PM
. . . I just happened to pull the list out that was hanging in the closet with a plastic "laundry" bag because I was curious. It was $2 to have a pair of undies laundered!!!!! . . .

Does that include starch and a light press?

BeccaO
01-31-2009, 10:51 AM
Does that include starch and a light press?

;) That's too funny!!!!

buzznwoodysmom
01-31-2009, 11:01 AM
We did a few batches of laundry on one of our trips to WL. It was our day off from the parks and it was yucky and raining. We put the clothes washing, explored the resort, took the kids to the Cubs den for arts and crafts and checked in to switch the clothes to the dryer. We had the most nice relaxing day and got some laundry done at the same time.

Vintage Disney
01-31-2009, 06:09 PM
As someone said above the Public Laundry Room is near Roaring Forks. Be aware that the washing machines don't take as long as the sign says. There is a change machine and soap for sale in the laundry room. To save money I usually try to bring a baggie of laundry detergent from home.

Mackflava99
02-01-2009, 08:14 PM
this is great, thank you very much everyone- this has been very helpful- especially the map

2$ for underwear ? what i want to know is WHO drycleans their underwear ?

kemps@wdw
02-02-2009, 10:58 PM
We pack light and use the laundry :laundry: at least once while we're there. Down the hall from the Roaring Forks on the right. I've never had to wait on a machine, but the washing/drying cycles could be a little quicker. I don't recommend leaving your washing, as you may return to find your cycles done and your wet/dry clothes laying out on the table to make room for someone else! :shrug: It happens! There is a tv (for my soaps), and I usually bring a book and a few cold ones :beer: to pass the time!:D

diz_girl
02-03-2009, 02:56 PM
First, bring a roll or (preferably) two of quarters. Also, bring a couple of dryer sheets from home (and laundry detergent if you can swing it), so save some $. It's $2 per load in the washer and $2 per load in the dryer, so if you have a couple of loads they will add up.

When I was there in December I didn't see any sign that mentioned drying time (just washing time), but I kept track and it's about 30-40 minutes. If you do tumble dry low, just be aware that it doesn't dry well and you'll probably need to do at least one more dry cycle for each load. I don't know the effectiveness of normal dry cycles.