PDA

View Full Version : "I am so proud of you."

Kennywife
01-30-2009, 02:39 PM
This just really got to me, I'm tearing up right now honestly. :crying: (Happy tears)

6 years ago, I fell down a flight of stairs and crushed my tibia femur bone in my lower right leg. My doc said I would never walk again. I walked in 5 months and went on to become a published writer. :D

My grandma and I were talking on the phone about my accident and how I've come so far. She said, "I am so proud of you. I am proud to call you my granddaughter. Your grandpa would have been so proud." (My grandpa died in 1995 of cancer.) :crying:

Her words meant so much to me, I just feel so blessed right now. :cry::hug:

Anna

SBETigg
01-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Anna, that's really sweet. I dedicated my last book to my grandparents, even though I hope they never read it (it's pretty racy), but it meant so much to be able to give it to them on their 66th anniversary, the week it came out. It's so nice to hear those words from loved ones, isn't it? And good for you! I would be proud, too. :thumbsup:

Jeff
01-30-2009, 04:19 PM
:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
01-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Anna, that's great... good for you!! :thumbsup: Sometimes, just the littlest comments mean more than anything else in the world. Congrats on becoming a published writer, as well... that's quite an accomplishment!! :thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
01-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Anna -- what a great story. It's always nice to hear kind words of encouragement.

Ian
01-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Awesome ... as someone who has also crushed his tib/fib (open fracture ... leg folded in half ... bones came through the skin ... nasty :ack:) I can attest to how difficult that is to recover from.

I agree with your Grandma ... she should be proud!!

minnie-mouse
02-01-2009, 07:49 AM
You should be proud of yourself, that was not an easy accomplishment! Good for you to prove the doctors wrong and move forward with your life. Perhaps your grandfather is watching you from above and seeing to it that you have the strength to do great things.

Kennywife
02-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Awesome ... as someone who has also crushed his tib/fib (open fracture ... leg folded in half ... bones came through the skin ... nasty :ack:) I can attest to how difficult that is to recover from.

I agree with your Grandma ... she should be proud!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Hey Ian, mine was almost that bad. The bone poked up, but not through the skin. Kinda looked like a chicken leg. :ack:

Anna

Ian
02-02-2009, 10:30 AM
If you've ever seen the footage of Lawrence Taylor breaking Joe Theismann's leg ... that's what mine looked like. :ill: