PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone cruise in the summer?

DisnIse
01-30-2009, 10:52 AM
I was trying to find information on cruise weather in the summer time (Is it beastly humid on the ocean? I have no idea!). In searching, I can find posts from people who cruise in all seasons EXCEPT summer.

Is it a terrible time to cruise or something? Being teachers, we have to do vacations during peak seasons, but I'm hoping it's not a mistake!

DisneyWhirled
01-30-2009, 10:58 AM
We have booked our first cruise (ever) w/DCL. We are travelling in mid Aug.

In speaking with others who have travelled before in August, many of them have and will do it again. Others said that worst case, if there is a hurricane, DCL will move to avoid it and keep us safe. Worst case, we could miss a port.

As hot as it is in Aug, we have to travel when we can. There is always a "down side" to travelling at any time of the year. If we wanted to go in Jan/Feb, we'd have to deal with winter storms potentially delaying our flights....March/April...we'd have to deal with more crowds at WDW, due to spring break...

We have gone to WDW 3x's in August. The last time I said never again...I guess I was wrong! Due to the kids having school and not missing so much (as they get older the work gets harder), summer and vacations will be our travel time now. I just can't see spending $2500 (flights) for four of us to travel during April break!

Good luck in making your decision! Hope you have a great time whatever you decide!!

Blfarm
01-30-2009, 01:20 PM
We went on our first cruise July of last year, I don't remember the humiditiy being an issue at all, really. It was a bit humid the day we were at the Bahamas, but not unbearable. Otherwise while at sea - it was quite comfortable since we always had a breeze. And while at Castaway Cay - we were in the water so the heat or humidity was not an issue.

We had a fantastic time and wouldn't hestitate at going again in the summer.