PDA

View Full Version : **UPDATE on JUDAH** 3/9/09

Mickey91
01-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Hey everyone! Judah had his first bottle feeding yesterday! He is up to 3lbs and 13oz!! He has been off all vent help and just has a nasal canula. He's really cute! Thanks for all your prayers!

Specific prayer request now is for his eyes to develop normally. He has some signs of mild retinopathy. This is common in premies and especially with low birth weight babies. Please pray that this will not get any worse and that the vessels in and around his eyes/retina will develop normally. Thanks!! :mickey:

the other micki
01-30-2009, 08:51 AM
Bless his little heart! He'll be in my prayers. Glad he's making progress.

mouseketeer mom
01-30-2009, 08:55 AM
As a mom of two preemies, (one is 12 now, one is 9!) I know how you feel. You and your little one are being sent lots of pixie dust from me!! That first bottle feeding is exciting. I remember how tiny those preemie bottles were, and how looooong it took for my babies to drink them.

TinkerbellT421
01-30-2009, 08:59 AM
Im sorry to hear you were going through troubles I did not know. I am very happy to hear things are going good now. Sending prayers and pixie dust that his eyes get better! God bless. :hug::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

disneymom15
01-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Sending :tink:your way.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Our 26-weeker (2 1/2 1bs.) just turned 9 recently. She had mild retinopathy when first tested, but it later cleared up, so don't give up hope. We'll be pulling for your little one.

DixieBelle
01-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Pixie Dust on the way for you and the little one!!
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

merlinmagic4
01-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Well, first Congratulations :baby: and :pixie: for his little eyes. Hope all continues to go well.

Tinkermom
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Yay! God is GOOD! I am so glad to hear that Judah is doing so well. I am sure his mommy and daddy are thrilled! Any idea when they get to take him home? I took a look at Judah's CaringBridge site and he is just DARLING! He will be toddling around before we know it!

Mickey91
01-30-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry guys. I should have recapped. Judah belongs to my best friend. She and her husband have been married for almost 19 years and finally had success with in vitro this past summer. Little Judah came at 25 weeks gestation weighing 1lb 11oz and has been a strong little guy from the beginning. He had one little fight with a virus two weeks ago and has overcome it and is back on track. All the prayers and pixie dust you have are welcomed!! I just wanted to clear up that this precious little one is not mine though I would claim him in a second! :mickey:

We still do not know when he will get to come home but this is certainly a step in that direction!

pianobabe
01-30-2009, 11:09 PM
I am so glad he is doing well. He does seem to be a fighter. Judah and his family continue to be in my prayers.

Mickey91
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Judah is getting stronger everyday. His soonest possible time to go home is mid-March. He is about 5lbs 10oz now. He makes it through most of a bottle but still gets too tired to completely finish. Please continue to pray for his lung development. His oxygen flow is reduced steadily every few days as his lungs mature. Thank you soo much for all your prayers and support!:mickey: Soon Judah will have a facebook page. I will let you know when that happens. Probably after he goes home.

RedSoxFan
03-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Wonderful news that he's getting better and stronger. I hope he gets to go home soon.

Dznygrl79
03-04-2009, 08:45 AM
The things they can do these days are truely amazing. My Goddaughter Maddie was born at 24 weeks and was so small it was scarey, but looking at her today, 9 years later you would never know she was ever tiny! I could just pinch her chubby cheeks everyday! Celebrate the greatness that is God and enjoy everyday with Judah he is truely a miracle!

pianobabe
03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks so much for the update. I am glad to here he is doing well. I hope his eyes are okay and that his lungs continue to get stronger.

Bethanymouse
03-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the update. Continued prayers coming Judah's way!

mrsgaribaldi
03-06-2009, 02:22 AM
Wonderful news :mickey::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: on the way.

Stitchahula
03-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Tons of prayers and pixie dust headed your way. Have you ever heard of caringbridge? You can create a site with photos and a journal to tell friends and family about Judah's progress. It's kind of like face book but you don't need to be a member to access the page.

Mickey91
03-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Tons of prayers and pixie dust headed your way. Have you ever heard of caringbridge? You can create a site with photos and a journal to tell friends and family about Judah's progress. It's kind of like face book but you don't need to be a member to access the page.

Yes. Judah's parents have a caringbridge page for him. If you would like to access it and see the little guy and read his story, PM me and I will give you the site address. He is truly a miracle and to God all the glory! Once home he will have a facebook page. Not sure how public it will be but I will let you guys know when it is up. I will also let you know when he is officially home. God Bless and thanks for all the prayers and support! I just love Intercot!:mickey:

Tinkermom
03-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Oh how wonderful! I bet his mommy and daddy just cannot wait to have him home! Continued prayers for baby Judah!

Mickey91
03-07-2009, 01:46 AM
Oh how wonderful! I bet his mommy and daddy just cannot wait to have him home! Continued prayers for baby Judah!

Yes! His Mommy has been living at the hospital and Ronald McDonald House since Nov.18. Very ready to be home and start their new life with baby!:mickey:

Mickey91
03-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Just thought you would all like to know that baby Judah, born Nov 18 at 25 weeks gestation, is going home with his Mommy and Daddy today!! Thank you all so much for your continued support and prayers. I'm sure the family would appreciate it if you would remember them in prayer from time to time as now they will start a new adventure. They will have to keep baby "quarentined" until he is about two years old. Premies are more prone to catch viruses etc. This normally wouldn't be a big deal except that this family has always had an open door policy at their home. I have never known a house to have more frequent visitors that wasn't a bed and breakfast! This will be a huge adjustment for mom and dad. Please keep them in your prayers and rejoice with us that Judah is finally coming home!!!:mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
03-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Praise God!!!! i am so happy!!!! :D :mickey:

How much does he weigh now? That is VERY early to be born.

RedSoxFan
03-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Great news. Very happy for him and his family. Can't think of a better gift.

SBETigg
03-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Sweet news! I'm so happy for them. Continued prayers and best wishes for Judah and family.

Tinkermom
03-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Yay! That is awesome Kathie! Continued prayers for Judah and family!

Stitchahula
03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Kathie I'm so happy for them. I read Judah's CB page and all I can say is wow. They have been down such a hard road that it's so nice to hear they seem to be getting into easier days. I have no doubt that Judah will be a very strong, grounded little person. It seems to me that when a kid has gone through so much they seem to be able to handle things with such a grace (usually better than the parents). Keep us posted on his progress and thanks for sharing his story with me. I'll keep them in my prayers.

pianobabe
03-09-2009, 07:08 PM
That was so wonderful to read. I am so happy for all of them. They will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

faline
03-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Good news!

crazypoohbear
03-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Awesome news.
I hope they continue to thrive as a family.
God bless them.

merlinmagic4
03-09-2009, 07:55 PM
:party::party: Very exciting!!!! :party::party:

Mickey91
03-10-2009, 09:22 AM
The last time I had a report on Judah's weight it was around 5lb 11oz. He is home and on a very low flow of oxygen. He had been off oxygen for several days in the hospital but didn't pass the car seat test???? and therefore has to be on it a little while longer. His last eye exam was good. So, as far as I know right now, everythng is going very well. Thanks for your prayers!! They work miracles!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
03-11-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm so glad. :woohoo::pixie::pixie:

DawsonAR
03-14-2009, 06:58 PM
I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God Bless you!

merlinmagic4
03-14-2009, 08:13 PM
My oldest failed the car seat test, too (way back in 1997). We had to scramble to find a car bed type car seat! I had forgotten all about that! Hope things continue to go well with them!!

Mickey91
03-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Judah is up to 6lbs 8oz and doing great! I will try to keep you posted as I hear tidbits.:mickey: