PDA

View Full Version : Any experiences for 'personal triumph' celebrations at the World?

Briansmom
01-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Our DD22 is graduating this year from college and we are surprising her with a family trip to the World. Has anyone had any experiences with any other 'personal triumph' type celebrations yet this year? I know it's only January still, but thought maybe someone had.
I am curious that if we note her personal triumph of graduating from college with honors on our reservation, what, if anything, might they do? (We noted her 21st birthday last year, but nothing was done in the room like some of our friends had done in their rooms). I would like to do something special thru the florist or something, but don't want to spend an arm and a leg as we are already stretching the budget to get this trip in for DD. I am just trying to come up with some ideas as well. Thanks!

Marymouse2003
01-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Hi,
What an awesome way to celebrate!! I do think it's so early in the yr, you might not get a whole lot of info back, but who knows? As for the florist, IMHO, they wld probably want your arm and leg, but that's just me. Perhaps contact them, give your ideas and ask for theirs. Even if you went with some minimal things they offer, you cld add you own touch to it, which I'm sure wld be far less $$. I think you dd will be so happy, excited and very grateful for this wonderful gift! But I too, wld want at least a little sumthn, sumthn. Even if you dec't the room & door out in her school colors with congrats signs(like the ones @ party shops, etc. Good luck and ENJOY!!

DizneyRox
01-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Don't count on Disney doing eanything on their own free will. It's been hit or miss, especially lately, on them coming through with any "free" magic.

You can order up whatever you want though, your budget is your only limit. If it were me, something like the above sounds like a good idea. Pack a bunch of stuff and "forget something in the room" and do a real quick decorating job. When you come back, she'll be surprised. You can order up a cake or something like that too but they can get pretty pricey. Floral is a little on the expensive side as well, at least that was my experience for my wedding.