PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions, please

Piglet822
01-29-2009, 07:52 PM
My stepfather passed away this past week and my very best friend from work took two days off of work to be at the memorial service with me then another day to go the cemetery (scheduling issues, we had two separate days).
I cannot put into words what this meant to my mother, brother, and myself. I would like to do something for her as a thank you. I had already planned on doing a cross stitch for her but that won't be done for quite some time and that's just because she's my best friend anyway :D
I need some ideas of what to do. I was thinking of dinner but I really wanted something that she could keep.
Any ideas from our more creative members?

LauraleeH
01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Instead of coming up with ideas of stuff you could buy, find out what you could do for her. What she did for you meant so much and it didn't cost her anything (Except days off of work) and you will keep that memory with you forever. Figure out what she needs...maybe she just needs a night out to a movie or something. Or maybe you could take her to the beach or Disney on the weekend. Does she have a family of her own? Offer to let the kids spend the night at your house so her and her husband can have a night to themselves.

crazypoohbear
01-29-2009, 08:44 PM
If you or she are "girly girls" you could do
Massage ( if there is a school nearby it's very cheap)
Facials ( same thing with the school)
Mani-pedi's

A good movie - drinks afterward

a nice bottle of wine - if she drinks wine

the paper store has beautiful wine/cosmo/martini glasses hand painted for different occasions

a "snuggi" they are all the rage right now - with a nice note that it is to replace you giving her hugs for all she has done.

a flower bouquet
edible arrangement
if she wears jewelry - a nice charm

jeromyanddana
01-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Maybe some type of angel figurine or precious moments figure. The Hallmark store would have so many great figurines to choose from. Hope you find something as special as your friend!

PirateLover
01-29-2009, 10:51 PM
I was just in Hallmark and I noticed this line they had of "Everyday Angel" figurines. They had one that was a "Great Friend" Angel. Maybe you could give her that (Or something along those lines) and treat her to a girls' night out.

LauraleeH
01-30-2009, 02:08 AM
By the way, I forgot to tell you that I'm sorry to hear about your loss! You and your family are in my prayers.

Magic Smiles
01-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

You have a very special friend there.
If you happen to have a picture of you and her and your step-dad, you could get it framed for her. If not, even a framed photo of you and her in a special "Friends" frame.

Piglet822
01-31-2009, 07:48 PM
I like the Angel figurine idea. I also like the spa idea. That might be nice to include my mom as well and make a girls day out of it.
Thank you all for your suggestions and your good wishes.
For now I am going to get her a very nice card and mail it to her until I can get some money to do the other things :)

DisneyDog
02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry for your loss :(

It sounds like you are very fortunate to have such a special friend.