PDA

View Full Version : Help with Boma?

dizprincess27
01-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi all - this is my first post here on the Intercot boards :yay: I would like some opinions on whether you like breakfast or dinner better at Boma? We will be staying at AKL this coming June for the first time and I can't decide which to do.

Thanks.

SBETigg
01-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Welcome!

So far, I've only done dinner and if I had to choose, dinner would always be my pick. But I've heard great things about the breakfast and if I stayed at AKL, I think I would try both.

sassy2000
01-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Welcome to intercot! :welcome:
We have tried both breakfast and dinner there and I would pick dinner. Now, both are good but there is such a big variety of foods for dinner that you can't find at many other restaurants in disney. The soups are delicious and the zebra domes are yummy:thumbsup:

tyandskyesmom
01-29-2009, 03:25 PM
If you are stayinr there, do both!

Breakfast is more standard than dinner. My family loves both!

dizprincess27
01-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks to everyone. I could do both if I scratch off Kona for breakfast but I have been wanting to go there for those macadamia pancakes for quite some time now LOL So now what do you think Kona or Boma for Breakfast based on taste alone b/c I know it will be easier to eat at Boma since we're staying there.

Natazu
01-29-2009, 04:10 PM
That's an excellent question. Welcome to the fray.

I like Boma's breakfast better than any other buffet. The juice alone makes it worth the money although I think the price is right for the quality and amount of food you get. Now that you can get Zebra Domes™ at the counter service place, dinner doesn't have the appeal it once did. It's hard to beat that Durban Chicken though.

Kona has a great breakfast but their appetizers alone make the dinner much more of a treat.

WRWDisney
01-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Kona's for breakfast and Boma's for dinner; no question:thumbsup:

The other way around would be great too, but I think you will be visiting both at their best if you hit Boma's for dinner and Kona's for breakfast.

dizprincess27
01-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome and the advice. If you have any other thoughts I'd love to hear them. Funny how we debate over these decisions but to me that's half the fun!! I absolutely love the planning part.

Bri
01-29-2009, 04:21 PM
we stayed at AKL in december and did Boma for breakfast. it is mostly your standard breakfast (they did have some traditional african food) but the food was delicious! breakfast food is my favorite food so i will always go for some eggs, waffels, bacon, pancakes, fruit, etc. being in the hotel, it was really nice not to have to get up early and catch a bus to somewhere else for a breakfast reservation. we have done that before and it's always been about 45min to 1 hour travel time, especially if you are trying to get to a resort. if you're on the meal plan but are using up all your credits at other places, is it possible for you to do the breakfast at Boma out of pocket? i mean, when you think about it, you will probably be eating breakfast at the resort at the mara (quick service) anyway so why not do Boma one day, you are already there.

Disney5Mom
01-29-2009, 05:52 PM
We have eaten at both and love Boma for dinner and Kona for breakfast. Both are great restaurants.We loved our stay at AK as well.

Pop Centurion
01-29-2009, 07:19 PM
:welcome:

Definitely do dinner at Boma. Nice variety and excellent soups. Make sure you save room for the deserts. If you do end up with a day where you can fit in another breakfast than by all means try it but since you're set on Kona, I'd keep that as your first choice.

ThanxForNoticin
01-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Kona's for breakfast and Boma's for dinner; no question:thumbsup:

The other way around would be great too, but I think you will be visiting both at their best if you hit Boma's for dinner and Kona's for breakfast.

Ditto - agree 100%

Crow
01-29-2009, 09:58 PM
:welcome:
more choices at dinner

dizprincess27
01-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Wow thanks for the warm welcome and all the help!! I think I will definately keep BOMA for dinner and try to get in breakfast too if possible. I'm trying lots of new places this trip so it's very exciting.

BananaAnna838
01-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Funny how we debate over these decisions but to me that's half the fun!! I absolutely love the planning part.
We have running Google Docs that we can add or comment on for our planning! We love deciding and planning. :mickey:
We've only been to Boma for dinner, but we're going back again this year. I'd say go for dinner because it's such a unique experience, plus the food is delicious!! And if you don't like it, you don't have to go back, but it really is something that should be tried at least once!

dizprincess27
01-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Wow that's serious planning BananaAnna838 but cool. I just have the plain old excel spreadsheet that I do in pretty colors with the dates, parks visiting, meals planned & times!!

BananaAnna838
01-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Wow that's serious planning BananaAnna838 but cool. I just have the plain old excel spreadsheet that I do in pretty colors with the dates, parks visiting, meals planned & times!!
Well I'm not sure of your family situation, or whoever else is going with you, but doing it that way is much easier for us. There's 4 of us going and we are all in different locations! (2 in college, 1 at home, 1 at another home) So that just makes it easier for us, instead of going back and forth constantly and losing information on the way. :) But if you are all in one household, your way sounds great!! I love colors and charts (can you tell I'm going to be an el ed teacher?? :D)

dizprincess27
01-30-2009, 01:33 PM
haha yes it's me and my daughter so this works out well for us. This time a co-worker is tagging along and she hasn't been to Disney since she was 12 years old :ack: so she is letting me do all the planning poor me LOL.

Disney1977
02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
We had dinner at Boma last week and it was the best meal of our trip. Everyone enjoyed their dinner.

My husband has Celiac Sprue (wheat intolerance) and the chef came out to show him what he could eat at the buffet. The chef also made him a special dessert.

You will not be disappointed with dinner.

Utopia74
02-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Only been there for dinner, but it seems like it would be more unique/authentic than breakfast. I'm sure they have some African inspired dishes at Breakfast, but for the most part, it's probably lots of standard fare (eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc) that you can get at any breakfast buffet.