PDA

View Full Version : Mendelson - Day 2 at MK and Le Cellier

Mendelson
01-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Me - 34
Wifey - 39
Daughter - 15
First trip in about five years!

On Friday the 23rd we headed to MK – we like to start our vacations with this park and Fridays are a good time to go there anyway. But first…beignets! I’d heard so much about these and so I roused everyone out of bed, made some coffee (brought from home…we like ours very strong) and then walked down to FQ and enjoyed some of these sugary delights. Nothing like fried dough! This is a very lovely walk and on a brisk morning like this one (probably not much more than 50 degrees) there is a mist on the water and everything seems very still. It’s quite beautiful at this resort.

Had a very efficient morning at MK - did Peter Pan, IASW (which we love, and we realize we’re some of the few), HM, BTMR, Splash, POTC, Tiki Room, Treehouse and got Dole Whips…all by noon! I love that Dole Whip floats are on the dining plan!

Curious - what’s up with the “dead” kind-of-hidden Mickey on Splash Mountain? When you come into the “Zip-ah-dee-doo-dah” room he’s there on the right, projected on the wall, but he’s completely straight and stiff and lying on his back, prostrate. He looks like he’s getting ready to be buried. Very weird!

We did Buzz and Space a couple times and then headed back to the resort to change for Le Cellier at 9:30. I have to say that this experience was just okay. My wife was the only one who got steak and it was a bit salty for her liking. The décor is also very average – the chairs look like maybe they were pulled from a dorm lobby. We live in the DC area and have some good steakhouses so maybe we’re just spoiled. Her wine was excellent, however, as were our desserts.

Maybe the higlight of this was the spontaneous entertainment. We were one of the last tables and were close to the kitchen. Someone back there decided to start belting out "Total Eclipse of the Heart" as loud as he could and soon it seemed the entire kitchen staff had joined him. It was quite funny.

SBETigg
01-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Another great day. I also agree about Le Cellier, not bad but just okay for us and I don't love the decor. But we missed out on Total Eclipse of the Heart :). I don't think I ever noticed that Splash Mt. Mickey. Weird.

mouseketeer mom
01-29-2009, 12:34 PM
I never saw the splash mountain Mickey either. Sounds creepy.

dtootsie42
01-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Another great day! We also love IASW....it's my 17 year old daughters favorite...even though we live in Washington state we prefer the World over the Land. Both times we have been to the Land IASW has been shut down which has been a heart breaker for my daughter. :mickey:

yourmagicalguide
01-29-2009, 02:32 PM
I love that Dole Whip floats are on the dining plan!

Amen to that! :mickey: Great report! Thanks for sharing :)

KylesMom
01-29-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't think I've ever noticed the hidden mickey, either. Are you sure he's not supposed to be napping like Brer Rabbitt? :D

I'm sorry your experience at LeCellier was not up to par - very amusing about the "entertainment", though! :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
01-29-2009, 09:23 PM
I notice the Mickey on Splash Mountain as well, but I never gave much thought to it...Your dinner entertainment sounds fabulous!

yjgirl32
01-30-2009, 09:37 AM
will have to look for that Mickey when we go in Sept. That stinks about your dining experience at Le Cellier- that is the one place I have been looking forward to. That is a little scary for me. Thanks for sharing.

faline
01-30-2009, 10:06 AM
I've found that the dining experience at Le Cellier has a lot to do with where you're seated. When we've been seated out of the mainstream, we've loved it. When we've been seated right in the middle of the busy "floor", we've found the overall experience to be rather average.

Fun day with a very fun ending!

pdrlkr
02-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: