PDA

View Full Version : my experience with T-Rex reservations

packofjedis
01-29-2009, 07:26 AM
I had reservations for this past Sunday at T-Rex in DTD. I made them the first day they opened up for reservations. I walked up to the stand told them my "confirmation" (my last name) and lo and behold I'm not on their books. No record. She finally just gave me the paper to get in the normal line like everyone else. Luckily the wait wasn't long right then. If we had been an hour later, we'd have been waiting forever!

I can't imagine what went wrong. I know we were there on the right day and time....?

katzctkpt
01-29-2009, 07:37 AM
We were there at the end of Dec 2008 around 11:30am before reservations were being accepted and walked right in with no wait. Now when we left the line was pretty long. Sometimes I kinda wish the restaurants went back to 1st come 1st serve. I'm not a fan of planning my meals 90 -180 days out.

Katzateer
01-29-2009, 07:39 AM
We have had that happen with other seatings at WDW. It doesn't happen very often but it really messes plans up when it does.

If I make the dining plans in advance I try to call a few days before to confirm my seatings-just to make sure nothing is messed up.

Glad you were able to be worked in - did you enjoy?

cajunprincess
01-29-2009, 09:18 AM
I tried to make reservations here and they told me that t-rex did not take reservations:confused:

Hull-onian
01-29-2009, 10:31 AM
As long you all enjoyed your dining experience, at T-Rex. That's all that matters.:tasty:

ThanxForNoticin
01-29-2009, 12:15 PM
We called for ADRs at T-Rex very early in January (when they started taking them) because we had a very large group for dinner. We had no problems, even with 20+ of us.

Fortunately, you were still able to get in without too much trouble. The first week of January, the place was very full, and it would have been a bad situation for us if they had lost our ADR.

packofjedis
01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I tried to make reservations here and they told me that t-rex did not take reservations:confused:

You have to call T-Rex directly to make reservations with them.

We did enjoy the restaurant. Probably enjoyed the scenery more than the food, but the food was good. Would I go back? Probably not. It was really fun to see once, but now we've seen it.

It was the only bump in our week, so that's not bad at all.

Mandykay
01-29-2009, 06:40 PM
I've been lost/misplace a few times by Disney Dining...that's why I've learned to always have my confirmation #'s with me. So glad you were still able to get in!

BigWes6
01-30-2009, 08:34 AM
We are going at end of april . Being the super planners that we are , we decided to try to make a reservation at T-Rex , which they graciousely did . They told us that it would be Priority seating ,that means we should go to the front of the list upon arrival close to our scheduled time . We will see if that is true ! Let you know when we get back . GO STEELERS !! BRING HOME A SIX PACK !!!!!:cool:

the other micki
01-30-2009, 08:57 AM
We are going at end of april . Being the super planners that we are , we decided to try to make a reservation at T-Rex , which they graciousely did .

:welcome: to Intercot, BigWes6. When is your ADR? We'll be there April 29th for dinner with a party of 9.

DDuck66
02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
We are going at end of april . Being the super planners that we are , we decided to try to make a reservation at T-Rex , which they graciousely did . They told us that it would be Priority seating ,that means we should go to the front of the list upon arrival close to our scheduled time . We will see if that is true ! Let you know when we get back . GO STEELERS !! BRING HOME A SIX PACK !!!!!:cool:
We just went this past Friday night and had no problems. Food was pretty good (better than RC imho). Guess you had a good weekend!!! Nice game even if it was pretty sloppy reffing on both sides.