PDA

View Full Version : Fatasmic Dinner Package Question

Mom2princesses
01-28-2009, 09:51 PM
I have a question about this package. I understand that you still need to be there at least 30 mins before hand if you want to get the seats. But I have heard there is no longer a separate entrance. So how does it work now? How do you get into the show do you have to wait on the same line as people without the package? If that is the case then why get the package at all? :confused:

Thanks for your help!

tadshome
01-29-2009, 02:25 AM
Can I ask when this changed? I have never managed to see the complete Fantasmic ( cancelled part way through :cry:) and I was hoping to book this package for August

Hull-onian
01-29-2009, 10:38 AM
We booked the package once. To us, it wasn't worth it. So now, we just choose a restaurant, and arrive about thirty minutes before the show. There are plenty of seats and no bad seats. I don't think it is worth booking the dining package.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Is it that there is no longer a separate entrance, or is it no longer separate seating areas?

Formerly, if you were on the package you would gain entrance from a behind the scenes path that you entered by the gas station near the front of the park, and you were seated in the section on the far right (if you are looking at the stage you'd be far right). I thought I heard or read that they may no longer keep reserved seating for those on the package, that you can sit anywhere, but I would assume they would keep the prefered seating time and entrance, otherwise as noted, why get the package.

The one time we did the package we were on the DDP, so we ate at the HBD and then saw the show. I don't personally find that package all that appealing. One very serious drawback is that you will required to take a dinner seating that may be much earlier than you prefer. We ate around 4:30 or so, which was ok, but still earlier than I would have prefered.

tiggerandpooh63
01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
We just went last week. We were directed to enter the regular entrance - however because we had the reservation "card" they give you, we were able to bypass the crowd and enter a "reserved" section on the far right to sit. HOWEVER!!! You need to know that you have to be there at least 45 minutes before the show. Last week we arrived at 6:15 and found the section relatively empty but within minutes they filled up - with people "jumping the line", sneaking around the ropes to the section!!! Based on what i've been reading on these boards, since they reduced the shows to only 2 days per week the crowds are outrageous!

We personally liked the show but would not go through all of that hassle again. (Look at postings in the theme park section for more fantasmic watch outs)!